What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Van Morrison - 1982 - Beautiful Vision - Label - Mercury - Vinyl.

This Van’s thirteen studio album it’s also self produced.

This is from my favorite Van period from Moondance 1970 through to Avalon Sunset 1989.

11 Likes

Before dense album

1 Like

Got myself before number 5 and wanted to complete the collection with number 2 - now playing…

5 Likes

Some great guitar.

4 Likes

18 Likes

14 Likes

Deadmau5 - > Album Title Goes Here <

5 Likes

6 Likes

A Double CD compilation of the late and truly great Curtis Mayfield

13 Likes

Newly arrived from Burning Shed today.

The Pineapple Thief: one three seven
This is their 2nd album from 2002, Remixed and Remastered by KScope.
Sounds really good. Better than the Qobuz original mastering I was listening to the other day I think, but that could just be because it’s Vinyl :thinking: :blush:

5 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road - CD (2009 Stereo box set)

It’s 55 years since the photo session for the cover of The Beatles ‘Abbey Road’ album took place on the crossing outside Abbey Road studios. Photographer Iain McMillan, balanced on a step-ladder in the middle of the road took six shots of John, Ringo, Paul, and George walking across the zebra crossing while a policeman held up the traffic. The band then returned to the studio and recorded overdubs on ‘The End’, ‘I Want You (She’s So Heavy)’ and ‘Oh! Darling’.

22 Likes

2007 release of Lee Moses - Time and Place featuring the (previously) ultra rare banger Bad Girl

4 Likes

Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless - CD (1982)

9 Likes

I bought this preloved a while ago but it has remained unplayed. Just gave it a jolly good clean and it’s sounding really nice.

Supertramp: Crisis! What Crisis?

17 Likes

London Grammar - Californian Soil, have switched amps and speakers around, R3 Metas now on Densen rig and loving it.

Hannah’s voice is just projecting beautifully, broke the mold with this amp.

Will experiment with bi-amping next week and roll the b300 power amp into the Densen mix.

Technics now on the Ls50 metas and dual subs firing across the room and better synergy than with R3 metas down the cabin.

7 Likes

Bit of Bob for Thursday afternoon.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Maria McKee - Life is Sweet

Maria McKee (Guitar, Vocals), Bruce Brody (Moog Synthesizer, Hammond Organ, Piano), David Nolte (Bass, Bass Guitar), Ric Kavin (Drums, Percussion) and Susan Otten (Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Tabbycat yesterday had me place this album in the queue and now kicking off this morning with Maria. Something new and enjoying the opening track…

6 Likes

7 Likes

Another band I haven’t played in a while.
This is their first album that was self released in 2016.

Stone Broken: All In Time
This is the rereleased Vinyl from 2019 after they got their recording contract with Spine Farm Records and their fans really wanted them to rerelease the album.

1 Like