What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

What do you think @ewemon?
Going to give my vinyl a first play on the 282/300 system in a short while, only listened in background or car so far.

Bruce Springsteen - The Rising - CD (2002)

Bruce Springsteen started a two week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘The Rising’ 22 years ago 11/08/02, the singer’s fifth US No.1. Hailed as a triumphant return to form for Springsteen, the album won two Grammy Awards.

10 Likes

Ok, time for a proper listen!!

Elles Bailey: Beneath The Neon Glow on Vinyl

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti - CD 2 Disc Deluxe Edition - (2015)

22 Likes

On Vinyl:
819r86NCfZL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Electric Light Orchestra - Secret Messages

7 Likes

I’m going to try and listen to this again later.
I used to be a huge LZ fan, but in recent years I’ve lost interest. It could be a lot to do with JP’s cash register mentality to their back catalogue of late🤷🏻‍♂️
Physical Graffiti was always my favourite LZ album.

4 Likes

Underrated album.

1 Like

Enjoy your listen later, I fully understand where you’re coming from regarding JP, however its not just the artistes, that push reissues, labels know that there’s an army of fans out there that will snap up, remasters, expanded editions & anniversary editions by the truck load. Once you start buying them, it’s hard to stop…

2 Likes

For me her best yet by some way.

1 Like

Perfect for a hot, languorous afternoon - The Harrow and The Harvest by Gillian Welch.

16 Likes

ELO - Balance Of Power

5 Likes

Gene Clark - No Other

11 Likes

Well, just given it a thorough clean and it’s on.
I’m sure there must be a better version out there than mine for “Mix & Master” though. It just sounds so amateurish these days.
According to Discogs, mine seems to be a 1975 original and I’m fairly sure that’s why I bought it way back when…:thinking:
I used to love listening to it and it was regularly spinning🫤
Are any of the current Remasters or Special Editions better do you know @Cmax?

15 Likes

I’d look for a non-Alsdorf pressing. I never liked the German LZIII that I had.

A good mix of 60s (predominantly pre psychedelic ) hits from the Billboard charts, with quite a few I don’t have elsewhere.

Chartbusters USA Vol 3 (2003) - ACE of course.

.sjb

4 Likes

Can’t help with the vinyl side, I don’t own any, I would imagine @TheKevster is the man to ask about that side of things, Original CD I don’t mind, although a favourite is Led Zeppelin - 40th Anniversary - Definitive Collection Of Mini-LP Replica SHM-CD, Cardboard Sleeve from 2008 although finding one for sale could be a problem.

Gary

1 Like

Funnily enough I played the whole album on the way to the game yesterday. I played 4 on the way home. 4 remains a great album. 1, 2 and 3 the same (2 being my absolute favourite). Apart from Kashmir they seem to have run out of ideas by HOTH. Can’t comment on the sound quality of course.

I was listening to a YouTube vid about over rated guitarists (produced by a pro musician). He made the point that, in his opinion, Page hit the wall with Zep and unlike Beck, who kept innovating until the end, he produced nothing of note after Zep. IMO the ideas ran out long before Zep called it a day.

I don’t subscribe to the over/under rated thing myself because I can’t play an instrument so there’s just musicians I like & don’t like. I happen to like Beck much more than Page. But that’s not really the point - getting back to the point - HOTH isn’t the great album the first 4 are imo, PG the same. So I’m not surprised by your opinion. I’ve no idea about the money thing. That said Floyd seem to have that particular market well and truly cornered.

3 Likes

Asia - XXX

8 Likes

I absolutely agree re HOTH, but I’m still a Physical Graffiti fan. 1, 2, 3 & particularly 4 were all played regularly back in the day (20 plus years ago) as well, but I generally fell out of love with LZ when my wife bought me all the Remastered CD’s that JP was churning out some years back and I thought they all sounded terrible🤷🏻‍♂️

5 Likes

From the soundtrack for the movie ‘Civil War’