What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Quincy Jones ‘In the Heat of the Night’

Quincy wrote some classic film music. I was lucky to pick up this 6 CD set of his collected soundtrack albums.

12 Likes

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Mojo

8 Likes

Isata Kanneh-Mason | Mendelssohn

The recording is devoted to music by brother and sister Felix and Fanny Mendelssohn— two wildly gifted prodigies who wrote exquisite music in early 19th century Germany. Along with its luminous melodies, Mendelssohn tells a story of sibling rivalry.

While Felix’s music takes up the bulk of this album, it is Fanny’s work, especially the enigmatic “Easter Sonata,” that is the true treasure. The 23-minute piece is solidly built, with moments of febrile repose and turbulent spasms of brute strength.

5 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
Superb enthusiasm and background on what she is playing
And as always if your listening @Clive …Enjoy

sarahwalker2

3 Likes

On CD:-

Robbie Robertson - Robbie Robertson

20 Likes

Almost. The Maradonna game was the following night (22 June).

But Simple Minds played two nights at the Bowl - Saturday and Sunday. The support acts on the second night were Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, The Waterboys, Big Audio Dynamite and Doctor and the Medics.

During the 21 June gig, I recall Jim Kerr giving updates during the concert on the game underway (Brazil v France, I think).

2 Likes

Listening at the moment, Ian. Excellent as always.

1 Like

I have both those albums Gazza, in LP. Both are originals and my Deep and Meaningless is one of the first 1000 presses which came with a live 7’’ single, which captures that live atmosphere!

I saw Otway live (without Wild Willy) back then and it still stands out as my favourite live gig!! Memories indeed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I must have been there for the second night.

1 Like

Late start for music today. People (Mrs Q and Tyr the Norwegian Forrest Cat) had a lie in…:sleeping:

Starting with Yes: Fragile, which I saw posted by @TheKevster yesterday and thought it had been too long since I played it.

16 Likes

Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! - CD (1979)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Joe Jackson - 11/08/54

20 Likes

I love the duets and production on this album… beautiful use of stereo and the instrumentation is gorgeously recorded.
Getting excited for Folk East starting this Friday….

10 Likes

The wonderful brilliant Warren Zevon.

12 Likes

Bill Wyman - Drive My Car
Saw this has been listened to a few times by others so thought I would give it whirl.
Nice easy listening for a Sunday morning…dentures sound a bit slack though.

5 Likes

cover

7 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

That’s all my listening from last night.

8 Likes

Very relaxing John Williams Spanish Guitar music

7 Likes

After Friday and yesterdays heavy rock, i thought i’d give the neighbours a bit of a rest this morning :grinning:
I must admit, Lisa Stansfield has one of those singing voices that i never tire of.
Marvin Gaye, what can you say…just a legend.

8 Likes