What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

LP - Jazz Wax Records reissue : )

Bill Evans - Piano
Sam Jones - bass
Philly Joe Jones - drums

Recorded at Reeves Sound Studios, New York City, in 1958

<<>>

18 Likes

Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debby / 2010 OJC Riverside / EU CD / 0888072323261

Bill Evans Piano
Scott LaFaro Bass
Paul Motian Drums

18 Likes

CD - Warner Bros 2005 : )

Madonna – lead vocals, backing vocals. producer
Stuart Price - Producer, keyboards. synthesizers, vocoders, programming
Roberta Carraro – keyboards, bass, drums, harmonica
Yitzhak Sinwaniadditional vocals on “Isaac”
Monte Pittman – guitar

Recorded at Mayfair Studios London and Murlyn Studios Stockholm 2005

Confessions on a Dance Floor is the tenth studio album by American singer and songwriter Madonna. It was released on November 9, 2005, by Warner Bros. Records. A complete departure from her previous studio album American Life (2003), the album includes influences of 1970s disco and 1980’s electropop, as well as modern-day club music.

<<>>

Happy Birthday Madonna! :yum: :cake:

born on 16th August 1958 in Bay City, Michigan :us:

15 Likes

Ha! I didn’t know, thanks.

It’s still playing here. Lovely mix of studio and live sets, both with exemplary sound quality.

G

3 Likes

John Lennon - Mind Games Uncut sampler’ still enjoying this excellent freebie.

8 Likes

Jerry Burns - self-titled album

This reissue just arrived from the label Late Night From Glasgow. Many thanks to @johnmorris67 for the recommendation.

I’m not actually listening to it right now as I don’t have a functioning CD player! I’ll have to figure something out, won’t I…

3 Likes

Post Malone - F1-Trillion
Post Malone records a country album.

1 Like

Bill Evans - At the Montreux Jazz Festival

10 Likes

Bill Evans Trio How My Heart Sings! / 2013 Riverside / Germany CD / 0888072345935

9 Likes

Elvis Presley - ELV1S - 30#1 Hits - CD (2002)

In memory of Elvis Aaron Presley 08/01/35 - 16/08/77

Elvis was found dead lying on the floor in his bathroom by his girlfriend Ginger Alden, he had been seated on the toilet reading ‘The Scientific Search For Jesus’. He died of heart failure at the age of 42. His first record for RCA, ‘Heartbreak Hotel’ was also his first US No.1. He starred in 31 films. Elvis holds the record for the most entries on the US Hot 100 chart with 154. Elvis became the first rock ‘n’ roll artist to be honoured by the US Postal Service with a stamp.

16 Likes

Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz

11 Likes

51reKRQQohL.AC
Eric Clapton - Blues, a two disc compilation, comprising one studio and one live cd. From the seventies Polydor years.

11 Likes

Bill Evans Everybody Digs / 2007 Riverside / Germany CD / 0888072301825

Bill Evans Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

12 Likes

Various – The Daptone Super Soul Revue Live! At The Apollo
CD|2021

2CD set, soul/funk/gospel. Includes Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, Charles Bradley, The Budos Band, and others.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Now Playing…

Aoife O’Donovan & Hawktail - Play All My Friends

Aoife O’Donovan (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Brittany Haas (Fiddle, Vocals), Jordan Tice (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals) and Paul Kowert (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with this new release form Aoife released on August 15th with only 6 tracks and twenty-six minutes long. …and Aoife and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

3 Likes

Artic Monkey’s - Suck It And See - CD (2011)

10 Likes

Having a lie down.

G

17 Likes

3 Likes

Pink Floyd

Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd

Getting in the mood before heading to see a local Pink Floyd tribute band “Mac Floyd” ten minutes walk from my home.

Edward

23 Likes