What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bought yesterday, I’m not a Flaming Lips completist (though I have several copies of Soft Bulletin :grin:) but this is fun and was reduced. Quiet pressing which has not been my experience of some coloured vinyl, coincidence :thinking:

5 Likes

Rebelling in my slipper socks.

G

21 Likes

Prokofiev. Vinyl. It’s quite light, fun and enjoyable.

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Jack White - No Name

Jack White (Guitar, Vocals, Keys, drums), Carla Azar (Drums, Percussion), Dominic Davis (Bass), Olivia Jean (Bass, Drums), Daru Jones (Drums, Percussion), Patrick Keeler (Drums, Percussion), Dan Mancini (Bass), Quincy McCrary (Keys),
David Swanson (Bass, Keys) and Scarlett White (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this morning with a first spin of Jack White’s July 19th release of No Name and he and the band are sounding mighty fine!

11 Likes

Lloyd Cole - Polygram - 1990

8 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - The Cry of Love

18 Likes

Beth Gibbons - Lives Outgrown.
Debut solo album 2024
DSD convert from 24/96 FLAC files.

14 Likes

Johnny Winter Live. 1970. Great fun, live, loud and raw. Not my own cover.

He could play!!.

|1|Good Morning Little School Girl|
|2|It`s My Own Fault|
|3|Jumpin Jack Flash|
|4|Great Balls Of Fire|
|5|Long Tall Sally|
|6|Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On|
|7|Mean Town Blues|
|8|Johnny B. Goode|

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Long Way Home

Ray LaMontagne (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Mbiri, Organ, Vocals), Ariel Bernstein (Drums), Jacob Rodriguez (Horn), Laura Rogers (Vocals), Lydia Slagle (Vocals), Michael Nau (Vocals), Seth Kauffman (Bass, Congas, Drums, Electric Guitar, Mellotron, Percussion, Strings, Tamborim, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… I noticed a mention on Qobuz of a new Ray Lamontagne release so put it up in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Ray and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Will Young - Light It Up
I feel bad for liking this, but it is nicely produced pop. Not much wrong with that.

1 Like

2 Likes

2024 remaster.

4 Likes

‘Ghost in the Machine’ - The Police

Love the sound of this album, which kicks off with one of their best tracks, ‘Spirits in the Material World.’ (The tracks that follow immediately aren’t too shabby either - ‘Everything She Does is Magic’ and ‘Invisible Sun’.)

23 Likes

2 Likes

First foray into Shelby…….new release, nice voice.

7 Likes

What an amazing voice Christine Collister has. She deserved to be more successful than she was.

14 Likes

Wendy Carlos - Switched On Bach (1968)
DSD Rip from a 2001 East side Digital (ESD 81602) enhanced CD.
The recording was originally on a custom 8-track 1" (Ampex 300/351) tape machine, then mixed to stereo premasters using a two-track 1/4" Ampex.
The ESD 81602 CD utilised first generation premasters from 1968 optimised to a Hi-D 20-bit transfer, and adjusted within a 24 bit environment for outstanding sound quality.

9 Likes

I just ordered a copy of this. Thanks for spending my money for me! :wink:

1 Like

26 Likes

Tyner time - Extensions, McCoy and stellar band. Blue Note Tone Poet reissue. New to me so grateful thanks to whoever recommended this on the forum. Blistering performance(s).

10 Likes