What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

P J Harvey - The Peel Sessions 1991-2004 - CD (2006)

13 Likes

Beautifully produced. Soothing music. Uniti Core.

11 Likes

The ‘And’ band was outstanding. The previous studio album is exceptional I think.

2 Likes

Bill Evans - On A Friday Evening (1975)
On a Friday Evening is an engaging and deeply intimate album that finds pianist Bill Evans and his trio in performance at Oil Can Harry’s in Vancouver, British Columbia. Recorded by radio host Gary Barclay, the album was initially broadcast on Barclay’s CHQM jazz show before languishing unheard for the next 40 years. Fully restored, this 2021 archival release finds Evans backed by one of his best latter-career rhythm sections featuring bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Eliot Zigmund.

12 Likes

29 Likes

I actually thought it was National Geographic on first glance :laughing:

3 Likes

‘Seeds of Love’ - Tears for Fears

Still recall the shock at the sound - and the look - of TFF when this was released in '89. I was expected ‘Songs from the Big Chair’ pt2 (after a 4-year wait - not something bands did back in the '80s). For all its faults, it’s an enjoyable listen.

19 Likes

Bless Its Pointed Little Head - one of my favourite Airplane albums and one of the best live albums IMO

13 Likes

22 Likes

CD - Sony Music (UK) 1999 : )

Black Magic Woman the best of SANTANA

<<>>

1. Black Magic Woman
  2. Evil Ways
  3. Jingo
  4. Hannibal
  5. Full Moon
  6. Everything’s Coming Our Way
  7. Europa
  8. Brightest Star
  9. Flor D’Luna (Moonflower)
  10. Guajira
  11. Hold On
  12. I’ll Be Waiting
  13. I Love You Too Much
  14. Winning
  15. Mrage
  16. No One To Depend On
  17. Ove Como Va

<<>>

Generally these best of compilation albums are not the best received… but here there is nothing not to like, an utterly superb super sonic selection with superb sonic Q, and presently new on Amazon uk for £3.21, or pre-owned from £1.20. :cd: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

20 Likes

Like a one man Pink Floyd - a very underrated and unheard gem in the Harper catalogue.

3 Likes

24 Likes

Thank you for suggesting this! Superb indeed.

1 Like

Bedtime Tunes:

Bonnie Raitt: Luck Of The Draw

14 Likes

Love a good mystery. Vinyl.

2 Likes

25 Likes

Laufey, bewitched. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

18 Likes

Hawkwind are still bringing out very enjoyable albums, I have really liked the last two for sure.

For Hawks fans, Niall Hone the guitarist who played on albums from Blood Of The Earth (2010) through to All Aboard The Skylark (2019) has his own band called Lords Of Form which are worth a listen. Obviously very Hawkind-esque but I like them enough to be considering download purchases (on Bandcamp). Streaming also on Qobuz

3 Likes

19 Likes