What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

1 Like

Oh yeah

16 Likes

Jeff Beck - There And Back.

13 Likes

Fot christs sake

17 Likes

Shelby Lynne, identity crisis. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

My son introduced this album to me a couple of years ago, he was 22, at the time. To my mind, it could have been released at that time, the production, just sounds so modern. I really, quite like it.

2 Likes

I was listening to a podcast only yesterday with Simon Phillips, he was choosing the 5 albums he thought the best he’d played on. There & Back was one of them. It’s a wonderful album & Phillips confirmed that Beck was the guitarists guitarist. In an interesting twist he thought Toyah, live, Warrior Rock was one of his 5 best and her young band was something special. I’ve played the album since and he has a point. Mr Fripp would likely agree.

5 Likes

A lovely post @Debs.
Since I was a teen I’ve adored Aoxomoxoa and loved the work of Rick Griffin, so…thanks.

8 Likes

Well, this is interesting…

I bought Animals only when the 2018(?) remaster came out (not an album of Floyd’s I knew much if any thing of apart from the cover). Loathed it. Sold it after three or four plays.

But I really liked the later remix…

Saw this pretty much mint and complete copy of the Japanese first press for sale and thought, ‘meh, worth a shot I guess’, and… it’s great - first listen on headphones (maybe I should have tried 'phones with the remaster, but couldn’t be bothered at the time). Sounds wonderful and, unlike the remaster, holds my attention. Got to hear this ‘vs’ the remix soon as I get some speaker time.

Funny old world.

11 Likes

Rita Coolidge, fall into spring. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

It’s her best work in my opinion, and sounds as fresh today as it did when first released in 1979, a cool 45 years ago! Owned it on LP, Cassette and CD, your son has great taste, and I’m pleased you like it :+1:

It’s great following what other members play, and I’ve picked up some great recommendations and spent a small fortune!, listening to music is a great pastime / hobby, and something you can enjoy anywhere, long may it continue.

3 Likes

After a terrible night with very little sleep I’m starting my day with Beethoven/Karajan

17 Likes

Steve such a great album and track
Ronnie certainly revitalised them
Wishing you a good day and week ahead
Cheers Ian

1 Like

Something lively before leaving for work
Dr Feelgood - Down By The Jetty

19 Likes

Sax wizz Bill Evans just brought us this new album.

Victor Wooten, Bela Fleck, Till Brönner ao are joining him.

Trying it out now, but the 1st song is promising

3 Likes

12 Likes

What is it please?

I haven’t listened to this beauty for quite some years. I have it playing now and it is a truly lovely album, Jose at his very best. RIP :heart:

8 Likes

Hope you’re ok

1 Like

Apologies, Pentangle : Sweet Child. Double album, 1 live, 1 studio. [edited]

1 Like