What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Muddy Waters and Otis Spann 26th October 1958 at the Manchester Free Trade Hall.

6 Likes

Genesis - Live/The Way We Walk Volume One: The Shorts, spinning a Japanese pressing.

11 Likes

Another nice one from Blakey - now with Stitt…

5 Likes

Slash - Orgy Of The Damned 2024
Some excellent playing and a good selection of contributing artists on this excellent album.

6 Likes

Some post supper fusion from Idris Muhammad and a host of funksters on Power of Soul (yup Jimi’s choon). Slinky grooves. MoV reissue. Short but very very sweet.

5 Likes

Lonnie Johnson With Elmer Snowden – Blues & Ballads
CD|1960

1990 reissue.

7 Likes

Always enjoy some of this absolute legend …no need to say who it is :rofl:

11 Likes

Not a parody! Just amused me that there was a song about a fax message - not sure about the year - probably the late 80s.

1 Like

Agree ‘Bones’ is a great track :+1: Ok Computer is my absolute fav Radiohead album, but let’s face it, they are all great pieces of work.

3 Likes

Another one of Mr Blakey

8 Likes

Thom Yorke - Anima - CD (2019)

8 Likes

Great record!

1 Like

Actually there’s a double meaning. And the song is much older some comments suggest a hit from 1956. But I guess that it went whoosh over radio listeners heads. Comments on the German You Tube suggest Frau Stuhlmann (nudge, wink) is delighted to have relieved herself… Sorry to have lowered the tone.

Good old RP!

24 Likes

Kiki Dee - Loving & Free.

10 Likes

John Lee Hooker – The Legendary Modern Recordings
CD|1993

Compilation, recordings from 1948-1954.

18 Likes

There weren’t fax machines in the 1950s :thinking:

Eric Clapton Live in Santiago from 2007 recorded from Sky Arts
JJ Cale makes a superb guest appearance
Erics band are absolutely top of their craft

9 Likes

Yes there were. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax Telegraphic transmission of scanned material dates to 1846.

The German text below the video you posted from You Tube explains the double meaning if you put it into Google Translate.

7 Likes