What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

front

2 Likes

Cover

2 Likes

Paradise Lost : Obsidian 2020 (LP)

I hadn’t really listened to much Paradise Lost beyond the One Second LP (released back in 1997) but took a punt and listened to this newer one from 2020 and damn it, the band is back on form with this one. I gave this one a stream and was impressed enough to pick up a vinyl release at a reasonable price.

For those not familiar with the band, this is heavy doomy goth metal, think Sisters of Mercy or Fields of The Nephilim on steroids. There is some great goth metal here, some crushing riffage, tasty solos, nice dirty bass lines, intricate drum fills, orchestral highlights and Nick Holmes clean and dirty vocals fit the music very well.

My pressing is nice and quiet with great soundstage and instrument separation. The only downside is a noticeable edge warp, that thankfully doesn’t affect playback.

Time to go back and listen to The Plague Within (2015) and Medusa (2017) and see what else I have been missing.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Cover
Shawn James entitled Standing on the Shoulders of Giants.

2 Likes

Out on 30th Aug.

3 Likes

DJ Krush - Meiso

Genre defining trip hop from '95

5 Likes

I’m really not that interested :grin:

New acquisition and I’ve always liked RC so here goes.

12 Likes

Shelby Lynne, I can’t imagine. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

The Four Seasons Henry Wagons

3 Likes

Tears For Fears - The Hurting - CD (1983)

Happy :birthday: Birthday Roland Orzabal - 22/08/61 63 today.

18 Likes

Odyssey Number Five; 20th Anniversary Edition - Powder Finger

Beware of Bavarian girls singing catchy tunes! :grin:

Gone for some Pat Metheny this morning

Dream Box

10 Likes

Great rock to start the day

2 Likes

2023’s Icon 30 is decent too.

Enjoying on Vinyl before out the door to work
The Beatles - Rubber Soul

17 Likes

Love ,Black Beauty,from 2012.

8 Likes

Well; I have listened to this album less than 10 times all the way through, in fact it may be less than 5. However, I am in the mood for it today…:man_shrugging:t2:

Pink Floyd: The Wall

27 Likes