What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead.

15 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

s-l960
Joe Cocker - Organic.

11 Likes

This has really grown on me.

Enjoying on vinyl especially sides C and D. (Extra track on vinyl Stormy Waters - nearly typed Daniels!:laughing:)

Great bond like bass line in Underwater.

Clementine has such a gorgeous mellifluous voice. I’d live to hear her fronting a folk band or as part of an Ayreon project.

5 Likes

Music is good - balance in the record could be better

4 Likes

Vision of Atlantis seems to be on regular rotation here at the moment.

Together with the now UK based Ukrainian band Imperial Age playing now

Imperial Age - New World

2 Likes

Was sad to see Imperial Age lost one of the female lead vocalists, but really interesting to see they disassociated themselves with Russia due to the war.

Some weeks ago I realised I’d not investigated their output beyond several enjoyable videis on YouTube, thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

Shhh don’t tell Ian there are other symphonic metal singers than Ms Jansen​:grin::grin:

Ps have you tried the new Simone Simons solo album

1 Like

No, I haven’t and I nearly committed heresy in my previous comment as I was going to suggest I’d love to hear Clementine singing with Nightwish. :grimacing:

1 Like

Careful vicar

1 Like

Long time since I’ve played this beauty. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Meer: Playing House
2nd listen as I played it for the first time earlier today.

2 Likes

Must listen to that solo LP, forgot about it but saw the video.

Next up,….boy did I love her styling snd makeup years ago:

8 Likes

Very 80’s cover art

1 Like

Back home and first chance to listen to something for awhile

A local favourite Richard Clapton’s first album Prussian Blue it was hard to find but they’re now republished and on Qobuz.

IMG_5787

3 Likes

3 Likes

Bob Dylan’s Rough and Rowdy Ways

17 Likes

Shelby Lynne, consequences of the crowns. Listened to it back to back 2x. It is starting to grow on me @Bevo. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Violinist Augustin Hadelich embarks on an American Road Trip, travelling the musical highways and byways of his adoptive homeland in the company of pianist Orion Weiss. The duo perform works by a melting pot of American composers, writing in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries and drawing on a diversity of idioms, influences and inspirations … from European Romanticism to revivalist hymns; from blues and jazz to bluegrass; from the banjo and ukelele to Jimi Hendrix’s guitar, and from a little Mexican star to exquisite Japanese carvings. Aaron Copland, Leonard Bernstein, Charles Ives and John Adams take their place beside Amy Beach, Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson, Eddie South, Howdy Forrester, Manuel M. Ponce and – flying the flag for today’s composers along with Adams – Daniel Bernard Roumain and Stephen Hartke.

3 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman, rolling golden holy. :smiling_face:

13 Likes