What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Taylor Swift, the tortured poets department. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Tish Hinojosa, teos to Tennessee. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
And if your listening @Clive on the 01 Enjoy

3 Likes

Listening on the ND5XS2 currently as I’m still upstairs. But still enjoying Sarah’s programme.

1 Like

Elvis Costello - Armed Forces - CD (1979)

Happy 70th :birthday: Birthday - Elvis Costello - 25/08/54

Elvis Costello, (Declan McManus), singer, songwriter. Had the 1979 UK No.2 single with The Attractions ‘Olivers Army’ and his 1979 UK No.2 album Armed Forces spent 28 weeks on the chart. Costello has won multiple awards in his career, including a Grammy Award, and has worked with Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Lucinda Williams, Kid Rock, and Brian Eno.

18 Likes

Wayne Shorter - 'juju - CD (1965)

In Memory of Wayne Shorter 25/08/33 – 02/03/23

American jazz saxophonist and composer Wayne Shorter who has worked with Miles Davis (Miles Davis’s Second Great Quintet), and Weather Report who had the 1976 single ‘Birdland’ and the 1977 album Heavy Weather. Shorter has won 10 Grammy Awards and in 2017, he was awarded the Polar Music Prize. Shorter died in Los Angeles, California, on 2 March 2023, at the age of 89.

15 Likes

Really enjoying Woodland, the excellent new album from Gillian Welch and David Rawlings.

6 Likes

Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station

12 Likes

Paul McCartney - Chaos and Creation in the Backyard

Great CD on a sunny Sunday morning after a long old shift yesterday. Lavazza on the stove too.

4 Likes

Hania Rani Live from Studio S2. Wonderful Sunday morning vibes

6 Likes

Now this wonderful album: Anouer Brahem and Blue Maqams.

12 Likes

Jon Anderson & The Band Geeks (Yes cover band) - True 2024

5 Likes

Grateful Dead - From The Mars Hotel

8 Likes

All hands to the pump… via the Core!

3 Likes

I’m on about my fourth listen. Gillian is wonderful, of course, but am now appreciating that Dave Rawlings is in particularly fine voice on this one.

3 Likes

Grateful Dead - Built To Last
I now this isn’t the most popular album they released, but does anyone know why it’s the only non hires release of the studio albums?

6 Likes

John Martyn. 1977. Vinyl. Produced by Chris Blackwell. Flawed genius at the top of his game imho.

“Recorded mostly outdoors by a Berkshire lake, a watery spaciousness haunts grooves never cluttered despite a support cast including Lee Perry, ska trombonist Rico Rodriguez, Steve Winwood and most of Traffic among a score of musos from the Island family.”

Mat Snow, Mojo

19 Likes

Frankenstein!! & other works/HK Gruber

Fantastical stylings and brilliant meld of orchestra and spoken word.

3 Likes

A nice bit of Sade to relax with on a bank holiday Sunday afternoon.

18 Likes

Nice Hegel Viking CD player there. I imagine it’s an impressive sounding player.

I had a Mohican for awhile, but ended up with a Marantz as it plays SACD too.

1 Like