What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Doobie Brothers Taking it to the Streets

12 Likes

Australian Crawl Greatest Hits

2 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Cyclone | 1978
Controversial at the time amongst Tang’ fans and afficianados for daring to include some vocals with actual lyrics! Despite the angst and schism it caused, TD carried on into their new more progressive era making more fine Berlin school electronic rock. Artwork by the man himself, Edgar Froese.

15 Likes

I just got this last week on record too. Seems a little on the bright/hot side, but the on-line reviews say all versions aren’t top sound quality. Did you find another version? I must try my CD rip for a comparison. I thought someone had posted a review of this in the vinyl thread saying it was really good?

6 Likes

Definitely not a favourite of mine. There are some great tracks and performances but imo it’s hard to take as an album. When we were young, all the drunks loved it and they could sing it while they were beating you up. :grin:

2 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Live At The Palast Der Republik, GDR | 1986

Recorded live in East Berlin on January 31st 1980 by the National Broadcasting System of the GDR. Re-mixed and mastered at the Tangerine Dream Studio Berlin-West.

9 Likes

First TD album I ever bought. I had no idea who they were or what they sounded like, I just loved the album cover, enigmatic track titles and the long lists of instruments used. Started a love affair with all things TD until the 90’s when their music entered the bland years imo (although latest stuff is a return to form).

3 Likes

Lainey Wilson - Whirlwind

5 Likes

On CD:-

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - All The Good Times

11 Likes

LP - Loved it at the time - still enjoy it !

16 Likes
3 Likes

The Travelling Wilburys - The Travelling Wilburys Collection

17 Likes

Very tasty Steve will try and get a copy off the net
Also thanks for your background on Cyclone very educational.
Cheers Ian

2 Likes

Some classic Fabs after gardening with a nice coffee
The Beatles - Revolver

30 Likes

This is cool

4 Likes

Oasis - Be Here Now - CD (1997)

With talk of a possible reunion, it seemed appropriate to give this an outing, released 27 years ago 26/08/97

15 Likes

For a change on the streamer and remarkably good I must say.

22 Likes

Having a Beatles session
The Beatles - Anthology

17 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Live At The Victoria Palace Theatre | June 16th 1974
In the mood for the Tangs today, unfortunately I missed this gig but it’s sounding great here replayed on cans fifty years later.

11 Likes

Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery

19 Likes