What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

It’s well known as a heavily compressed album – I think Meat Loaf recognised it was an opportunity missed when it was mixed/recorded. Such a shame - bearing in mind radio was a very popular medium back in those days.

1 Like

Another Yes incarnation produced this 1999 release, the band featured 6 full time members including Jon Anderson vocals, Chris Squire bass, Steve Howe guitars and Alan White drums.
The album was dedicated to its Canadian producer Bruce Fairbairn who died of a sudden heart attack during the final recording and mixing of the album.

IMG_0828

Yes - The Ladder

12 Likes

Son Volt – Notes Of Blue
CD|2017

7 Likes

Been a while……great recording, love his vocals.

5 Likes

So sublime it’s almost unreal.

5 Likes

Inspired by an earlier post. Yes never got better than this.

16 Likes

![Sc

Pink Floyd | Animals | 1976
Enjoying the 2021 remaster in 24/192.

22 Likes

Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits.

15 Likes

More Son Volt … Union

CD|2019

4 Likes

18 Likes

The boy saw these at Victorious yesterday. He loves them, so I thought I’d give it a go.

3 Likes

One more from the Tubby Hayes LP box.

4 Likes

Followed by ‘Change of Setting’, original LP on World Record Club.

4 Likes

This is quickly becoming on of my favourite records. Such great musicianship with a really nice range of instruments on display (including harp) and the bass playing is absolutely sick. The last track on side A could convince you you were listening to the drum and bass stylings of Roni Size & Reprazent instead of Mathew Halsall the jazz man!

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - Into Forever, 2015

9 Likes

Bumped into this whilst looking for a CD on line. For obvious reasons it cried out to be given a spin. I’m not familiar with Hilton’s music, it’s very pleasant, electronic. Qobuz stream.

4 Likes

s-l960
Mark Knopfler - One Deep River.

14 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Donald Fagen: Sunken Condos

13 Likes

I have a nagging feeling that I will be disappointed so not holding my breath

Back to back Beach Boys 70s albums on great sounding SHM-CD.

Surf’s Up & Holland.

6 Likes

A few trax of this up and coming set due out late September

1 Like