What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The great Russell Malone passed away 3 days ago in Japan while on tour at age 60 - far too young.

6 Likes

My favourite Chris Rea album, Deltics

10 Likes

Jackson Browne Late for the Sky

12 Likes

What’s Victorious? Cheers
Martin

Grateful Dead - Go To Heaven

6 Likes

Music festival in Portsmouth

Just felt like a Supertramp album but which one. Not usually my go to album of theirs Breakfast in America. Sounds pretty good though.

27 Likes

I’ve just played the CD rip and the record is certainty quite a bit better. The CD is pretty average at best.

Crime of the Century is my current go to. Just got the record version, which is superb - I was playing it earlier. Paris live is an old favourite of mine, the record is well played now.

5 Likes

I really should get my original record of this out and give it a spin on my upgraded LP12….

But currently inspired to listen to The Ladder after the earlier post.

Now, as for that new Jon Anderson and The Band Geeks album - gosh, what a ripper that is.

16 Likes

Enchanting Mozart before leaving for work
Mozart Symphonies 40 - 41

9 Likes

Out of the big 4 Crime of the Century, Crisis What Crisis, Even in the Quietest Moments and Breakfast in America, the later is my least played.

2 Likes

I played the SHM-CD of this last night but then remembered I’ve got this 1991 CD, which wins out easily for SQ & an extended dynamic range.

Makes the noise-fest version on Sail On Sailor box set sound pretty loud and grating.

5 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood - CD (1983)

In Memory of Stevie Ray Vaughan - 03/10/54 - 27/08/90

Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed when the helicopter he was flying in, hit a man-made ski slope while trying to navigate through dense fog. Vaughan had played a show at Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin with Robert Cray & His Memphis Horns, and Eric Clapton. Vaughan was informed by a member of Clapton’s crew that three seats were open on a helicopter returning to Chicago with Clapton’s crew, it turned out there was only one seat left; Vaughan requested it from his brother, who obliged. Three members of Eric Clapton’s entourage were also killed.

24 Likes

The “Otto Hejnic Trio”. Discovered while listening to a Czech jazz station and immediately jumping on to Shazam to find out who I was listening to. The track was “Scrapple from the Apple”.

Yet again, being well publicised doesn’t mean there’s nobody out there better.

Streaming tech. Great for opening up a whole new world.

Love it.

1 Like

Started with Supertramp: Breakfast In America, thanks to @Pete_the_painter

…now moved on to Styx: The Mission

We like this one. After 14 years of touring but not recording, this was a very enjoyable return to the studio for my dyed in the wool Styx fan of a wife.

12 Likes

Beth Nielsen Chapman, you hold the key. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky Is Crying - CD (1991)

25 Likes

Queensrÿche: Operation Mindcrime

5 Likes

They are all pretty sensational to me - don’t make ‘em like that anymore :+1:

2 Likes