What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Rising by Jasmine Myra. Relaxing, wonderfully played jazz by this young musician and her band. Pretty accessible to those who do not listen to Jazz.

5 Likes

The Crusaders Images / 2009 Verve / US CD / B001269802

7 Likes

Very good.

2 Likes

‘No Other’ - Gene Clark

A glorious album from '74.

9 Likes

Tchaikovsky Cello Concerto - Rostropovich, BPO/Karajan

Easy start to a Saturday morning. First movement on ND5XS2, last two movements on ND555.

12 Likes

Nice

7 Likes

On CD:-

Rhiannon Giddens - You’re The One

5 Likes

Chicane far from the maddening crowd / 2007 Modena / UK CD / MODENACD2

5 Likes

5 Likes

Van Morrison - Moondance - CD (1970)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Van Morrison - 31/08/45

Northern Irish singer, songwriter and musician Van Morrison. Who had with Them, the 1965 UK No.2 single ‘Here Comes The Night’, and the solo, 1970 album Moondance, plus over 15 other UK Top 40 albums. He has received six Grammy Awards, the 1994 Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, and has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

26 Likes

Fan off, Wayne on.

Nice autumnal music for a cooler day.

12 Likes

I played that yesterday. Great album.

1 Like

Sophie Watillon Marin Marais - La Rêveuse, & Autres Pièces De Viole / 2003 Alpha / France CD / Alpha036

4 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St - CD (1972)

22 Likes

His best? Think the HiRes beats my CD rip.

11 Likes

Supertramp - Brother Where You Bound

10 Likes

Another spin of this CD. Very effective at turning my place into a Jacobean salon circa year 1600 when spun on CD555…

7 Likes

Amazing to think that Dexter Gordon was nominated for an acting Oscar on that film !

2 Likes

Chilled acoustic

2 Likes

Miles Davis Quintet 1965-68

Playing disc 4 from this set (Core through ND555). This is the disc starting with Pinocchio from the Nefertiti album. I think this set was about £13 when I bought it. Amazon is now listing it at £99!

15 Likes