What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tom Misch Geography / 2018 Beyond The Groove / EU CD / BTG020CD

8 Likes

It came down in price a lot in the longbox version but I remember paying nearly $100 in the original square box version with metal case and that was with discount !

Fits my mood this morning… no doubt influenced by reading my daily dose of Politico.

5 Likes

Genesis

Selling England by the Pound (2007 Stereo Mix)

Listening on Qobuz.

Edward

22 Likes

The film is worth a watch too !

David Sanborn As We Speak / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28070

David Sanborn Saxophone
Bob Mintzer Bass Clarinet
Marcus Miller Bass
Michael Sembello, Buzzy Feiten Guitar
Don Freeman, George Duke Keyboards
Michael Sembello Vocals
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Omar Hakim Drums

8 Likes

Squeeze - Argybargy - CD (1980)

As It’s Glenn Tibrook’s Birthday today, thought I would give this a spin.

11 Likes

I have really been impressed with Bonny Light Horseman’s new album. They are new to me and I was put onto by seeing it posted on here, so I thought I would give it a go. Love it!

So now here is their first album, Bonny Light Horseman :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Enjoying on CD a charirty shop buy this morning
Santanas - Greatest Hits

15 Likes

I’m Not A Gun - Everything At Once
City Centre Offices 2003

2 Likes

Spinning some Van Morrison in his honour. Live at Orangefield …great album. Saw him first time 1974 Knebworth…he was amazing, seen him lots since. Next gig is the Van Morrison Alumni Band Birmingham Town Hall October.

5 Likes

Currency of Man has been my go to Melody Gardot album of late, but this afternoon I’m revisiting some old faves.

When she starts singing ‘Baby I’m a fool’, it’s Goosebumps every time…

Melody Gardot - My One and Only Thrill

17 Likes

Great album. Man Like You is such a beautiful cover. I’d never heard of him before listening to Naim’s Bristol show 2020 playlist and hearing that track.

1 Like

Good choice, Geoff!

Sophie Watillon tragically passed away on this day in 2005, after a long battle with cancer.

Just 39 years old, far too young for such a talented and decent human being, and not to mention one of the best viola players out there, on an equal with Jordi Savall imho.

Sophie Watillon (7 December 1965 – 31 August 2005)

6 Likes

Just ripped

18 Likes

91ydfHPCB+L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Begonia - Powder Blue

1 Like

Now Playing…

The ECM Guitarists

Playlist - Public by Qobuz, Jazz, 25 tracks - 02h 33m 15s

Description from the Qobuz website: “While jazz history may feature fewer guitarists compared to pianists or saxophonists, the history of ECM Records is rich with six-string virtuosos, both as side and frontmen. Manfred Eicher’s vast catalogue boasts some of the finest records by guitar legends like Pat Metheny, John Abercrombie, Terje Rypdal, Bill Frisell, Ralph Towner, and Mick Goodrick, to name just a few.”

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… sitting here with a bowl of blueberries, strawberries and yogurt and kicking off this Saturday morning with ‘The ECM Guitarists’ playlist. Something a little different to relax and ease into the day with… Life is Sweet!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Got the Stones back on - Voodoo Lounge - really good

13 Likes

Chick Corea Trio Trilogy / 2014 Concord / US CD x 3 / CJA3568502

Chick Corea Piano
Christian McBride Bass
Brian Blade Drums

9 Likes