What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Pretenders - Isle of View

15 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
Her enthusiasm and background stories about the pieces shes playing are great
And as always @Clive if your listening enjoy and your Sunday

3 Likes

Listening to Tom McKinney’s programme, which preceded Sarah this morning, he played the second movement from Schubert’s string quintet in C, D956, which I’m not sure I’ve heard before. It was beautiful. I’ll have to research and buy a copy on CD.

2 Likes

Lifting the Sunday morning after fug (football then bibulous friends round) filling the house with some joyous Dead. Wake of the Flood on 1973 GD vinyl.

Now for fry-up duties!

10 Likes

Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hymns Vol.1
Been listening a fair amount of Richard Ashcroft and The Verve but this album really hits the spot. Sounding great just like the music deserves.

7 Likes

Not included on the original Synchronicity release, which was a bit of a crime. Great song and brilliant drumming from Copeland imho.

7 Likes

I have bought very few singles in my life, this is one of them and I still think it is great. Saw them play live in about 1979. It was quite a big hit, but not in the uk.

3 Likes

Barbra Streisand - Guilty - CD (1980)

Barry Gibb, singer, songwriter, producer is 78 today 01/09/46

16 Likes

Easing into the day with the languid style of this lady

Patricia Barber - Nightclub.

15 Likes

Miles Bootleg Series vol 6, 4CD.

14 Likes

A charity shop buy yesterday an album I didnt have in the collection
It sounds desent enough
Chris Rea - New Light Through Old Windows

14 Likes

Oscar Peterson The Lost Tapes / 1996 MPS / Germany CD / 5290962

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown, Sam Jones Bass
Bob Durham, Ed Thigpen Drums

13 Likes

Chris Rea - God’s Great Banana Skin - CD (1992)

Joining @Tabbycat with a bit of Chris Rea

17 Likes

Saxon - The Eagle Has Landed

5 Likes

The Beatles - Love.

13 Likes

Mogwai - Every Country’s Sun. A new purchase on CD. Mogwai have largely passed me by, but I’m now making up for that as I delve into their back catalogue.

9 Likes

Not listened to this in ages, wonderful album and some great playing !?

Herbie Hancock (p)
Freddie Hubbard, Donald Byrd (t)
Dexter Gordon, Hank Mobley, George Coleman (s)
Grant Green (g)
Butch Warren, Chuck Israels, Ron Carter (b)
Grachan Moncur (tr)
Billy Higgins (d)

13 Likes

Jimmy Buffett - Changes In Latitudes Changes In Attitudes - CD (1977)

Can’t Believe its a year since Jimmy passed away aged 76 at his home in Sag Harbor, New York, due to complications from Merkel-cell carcinoma, a rare and aggressive skin cancer. He had the 1977 US No.8 single ‘Margaritaville’ and the 2004 US No.1 album ‘License to Chill’ and the US Country No.1 'It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere with Alan Jackson (2003). Buffett was one of the world’s richest musicians, with a net worth of $1 billion and was known for his tropical rock sound and persona, which often portrayed a lifestyle described as “island escapism” and promoted enjoying life and following passions.

3 Likes

Yellowjackets Dreamland / 1995 Warner / US CD / 9459442

A favourite YJ recording, including the fabulous Summer Song featuring Bobby McFerrin.

6 Likes

Back to the Stones - Some Girls on Qobuz.

17 Likes