What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’ve owned the CD for many years and it sounds wonderful. Following the NW Audio Show at which DNA Audio played a track on their Solstice/Nait 50 system I made a mental note to buy the vinyl if I saw a copy. The DNA room was in the top 3 at the show for me and the Warnes sounded especially good. Long story short I found a copy for £12 sold as excellent today at a record fair. I’m happy with the condition & price. More than that the album on vinyl sounds superb. An album I turn to regularly when I just want to roll back and relax.

20 Likes

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily.

19 Likes

12 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (2018 Remaster)

29 Likes

Alela Diane, cusp. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Paul CARRACK - Rain Or Shine.

5 Likes

Shelby Lynne, just a little lovin’. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

On headphones

Infinity
John Coltrane
Impulse US, 1972.

Recorded 1965/66.

Later orchestrations arranged & conducted by Alice Coltrane.

It’s just gorgeous, and Leo, as always, is simply tremendous.

7 Likes

A little piece of whimsy from Mr Leitch, not his best perhaps, but has some good tracks…still makes me smile.

One day I’ll get the gatefold inner coloured in…maybe…The poster stays folded (but at least he’s way cuter than Herbie Mann).

Donovan
Cosmic Wheels
Epic 1973

12 Likes

3 Likes

Couple of recent posts by @Neil-26 and @Steve_S roused my interest in this band. Think I might have seen them at Womad years ago, but it’s very blurry, as was I at the time. Anyway, this soundtrack album from 2016 is an excellent start.
Mogwai - Atomic.

5 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana

12 Likes

Come on Stevie get it done - some of us have obviously had more years of idleness!

9 Likes

I have that one TC, I love it. :heart:
I have several other recordings of it, but this was my first and remains my favourite.
It was the first Classical Concert I ever went to.
Our music master took a group of us up to the festival hall when I was in my very early secondary education. I must have been 11-13 years old.
It was magical and I have been a classical music, especially Choral/Opera/Operetta, fan ever since.
Going to go down to the cabin after finishing my morning chores and listen to my original vinyl copy, bought so many years ago. :blush:

4 Likes

Nice.
Maybe when (if) I retire…

1 Like

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison - CD (1968)

21 Likes

Plainsong,In Search Of Amelia Earhart.

4 Likes

Enjoying Sheffields finest Richard Hawley “In This City They Call You Love”

Goodness this is a beautiful album.

12 Likes

Loved your story about hearing it as a teenager that must have been memorable.
I have a similar story my late father used to play it when I was a teenager and over time I got more and more familiar with it.So playing it I always imagine my father who was enthusiastic and passionate about his music looking down with an approving expression on his face.
Its a certainly unique and exciting

I always remember seeing Ozzy Osborne on his first solo tour at Brighton Dome in 1980 as a young 15 year old and they played O Fortuna over the P.A as Ozzy came on
It sounded incerdible.I was right at the front and looking back at the crowd there was a sea of V signs directed at Ozzy

Wishing you a good day and enjoy your copy in the shed
Cheers Ian

5 Likes

Phil Bailey ( with Phil Collins). “Walking on the Chinese Wall”. Always loved this song.

4 Likes