What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Autumn Defense – The Autumn Defense
CD|2006

Folk rock. Enjoyable album.

7 Likes

Continuing my Classical afternoon with more Vivaldi and the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra

Vivaldi: 6 Flute Concertos OP. 10

10 Likes

Joining @QuickSticks for some Vivaldi on our classical music afternoon
Vivaldi - Guitar Concertos

10 Likes

ZZ Top - Eliminator - CD (1983)

20 Likes

Now Playing…

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Nick Cave (Vocals, Piano), Warren Ellis (Synthesizer, Piano, Flute, Violin, Tenor Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), George Vjestica (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Martyn P. Casey (Bass), Thomas Wydler (Drums), Jim Sclavunos (Vibraphone, Percussion, Vocals), Carly Paradis (Whistling), Colin Greenwood (Bass), Luis Almau (Acoustic Guitar), Anita Lane (Vocals) and Double R Collective (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… sitting down with a bowl of bananas, blueberries, strawberries and yogurt with a cup of coffee and taking Nick Cave and the Badseeds lates album, August 29th, out for a spin… Enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

19 Likes

Eldkvarn

The best band in town – the first 40 years

3 Likes

I saw Shuteen at Harpa in Reykjavík on Saturday night, she was headlining the 2024 Reyjkavík Jazz Festival and her set was jaw-droppingly good, earning her a standing ovation. New quartet member Jakob Manz (recorder, tenor sax) really brings something fresh to the party. It is a long time since I saw such energetic playing, especially from Shuteen, but there is also an incredible precision and clarity to her piano playing.

Anyway, here’s her marvellous debut LP from 2023…

11 Likes

Pat was brilliant live and I never heard a bad release by him. His medical history with the aneurism was something he dealt with with great courage and determination.

I saw him at Ronnie Scotts once and fortunately took along some of his vinyl to sign. ‘Ah … vinyl!’ he said as I handed them over for him to add a very exquisite signature.

This is the 80s OJC version, which I’ll spin shortly.

6 Likes

It’s all going on here, absolutely everything. Uniti Core.

7 Likes

Patty Griffin – Tape
CD|2022

10 Likes

Some sweet soulful funk from Shuggs. Shuggie Otis Inspiration Information on MoV Epic reissue vinyl. An understated classic - I suspect Prince had it in his collection.

7 Likes

Brenda Lee / Brenda.

Just love this lady’s voice.

5 Likes

Superb Live Tangerine Dream from the Dominion theatre London 1982

14 Likes

Patty Griffin – Live From (((Artist’s Den)))
CD|2008

“Tape” felt a little short, so some more Patty Griffin.

7 Likes

Earlier on: Penderecki/Greenwood
Now: A Moon Shaped Pool/Radiohead.

11 Likes

Emily Remler - Careless Heart

Oh what joy! A soundboard (or radio?) recording of Emily in concert, which I’ve just found on Qobuz! I’m sure I’ve heard this set before when the allthingsemily.com website was live, but I thought it was lost forever when the website vanished. That website hosted hundreds of live recordings of Emily. There are several vids of Emily still available through YouTube thankfully, so all is not lost, but it’s great that at least a couple of the live recordings are now available on Qobuz.

8 Likes

Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hymns

6 Likes

Nick Cave was interviewed by Mary-Ann Hobbs on Thursday for an hour on 6Music (well worth catching up on BBC Sounds). During the hour they played a live version of Jubilee Street from his Skeleton Tree tour (which still remains the best live concert I have ever seen) and it was stunning. This is a recording of the same tour from Copenhagen.

BTW - I love the production on Wild God

19 Likes

Next up - the original UK Fontana LP issue with Marte Rolling sleeve art.

3 Likes

8 Likes