What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

She recorded some songs with Armstrong, including the lovely Powder with another of my favourites, James Grant (ex Love & Money), and Dust.

Some other gems here and there, but curiously under the radar for one so gifted.

1 Like

The cat that got the Cream :smile_cat:
Cream - I Feel Free - The Definative Collection

17 Likes

Somebody looks very relaxed…:melting_face:

1 Like

After a morning listening to Joseph Haydn, I have moved on to this:

On CD. Coming through nice and raw. A good pressing imo. Oh, the music is great too.

15 Likes

Mostly listening to old favourites at the moment, catching up after a fun summer with too little good music, hence:

17 Likes

Feeling a bit adrift today, in a sea of endless musical possibilities and yet no breeze to navigate by… :sailboat:

Randomly selected Pat Benatar: Seven The Hard Way

8 Likes

Ordinary Elephant – Honest
CD|2019

Folk.

2 Likes

The Rolling Stones - ‘Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out!’ - 2002 - ABKCO SACD 8823042

Recorded Madison Square Garden, Nov 1969.

17 Likes

I’m in the phone booth, it’s the one across the hall…!

Blondie: Parallel Lines

36 Likes

Two CD set of a landmark concert held 86 years ago:

10 Likes

Lou Donaldson - Blues Walk

The Planar 8 has certainly got the old toes tapping! Not played this for years, sounding great. Great memories of earlier times too.

3 Likes

Obviously, you need JJ Cale…

3 Likes

Three amazingly good tracks produced by Walter Becker on this recording -
All I Need, Vincent’s Ear, and Crayon Sun (Safe At Home).

Michael Franks blue pacific / 1990 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCP3596

5 Likes

Do you have a recommendation Rigsby?

A little cabling upgrade today, back on vinyl, a record that was one of my late wife’s absolute favourites.

18 Likes

“Call Me The Breeze” would seem appropriate. Sorry, bad joke. But the album, Naturally, is always worth a listen.

1 Like

Now Playing…

Pat Metheny - Watercolors

Pat Metheny (Guitar, 12-String Guitar, 15-String Harpguitar), Lyle Mays (Piano), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Dan Gottlieb (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… sitting down with a bowl of bananas, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and yogurt and taking Pat with his very talented quartet out for a spin and and they are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

I’m listening to the 4 pre-released singles from Jamie XX’s new album, Waves. Due to be released in September and judging by the singles it picks up just where the last album, Colours, took off. Great upbeat house music in his original style.

1 Like

The Red Shoes/Kate Bush.

An astonishing and astounding album that I almost took for granted for many years since its release.

Aurally, production wise, it’s partially of its era but the songs, the words, and oh the voice(s) of KB raise this to an altogether other level.

21 Likes

PM on BBC R4 FM, where divisions among the centre right are being discussed. NAT05 easily able to show that the current speaker’s phone signal is not the greatest.

1 Like