What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Recorded in 1968. Vinyl. She plays ok. Lol.

8 Likes

Couldn’t resist this 2nd hand CD today. I don’t really do heavy metal (never owned any Sabbath for instance) but this one reminds me of gigs with a mate from our estate as a teenager. Saw these with Judas Priest who were the support and were dire I recall. Terrific memories and it still sounds great. (Happy) memories are such great things. Uniti Core.

12 Likes

Prompted by the Atom Heart Mother thread elsewhere in the Music Room, here’s my favourite of the nine vinyl versions I have - the 1974 EMI Japanese edition:

20 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Tokyo Day Trip

Pat Metheny (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Sitar), Christian McBride (Acoustic Bass) and Antonio Sanchez (Drums, Orchestra Bells).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Pat with his fantastic trio and they are sounding sublime! …a wonderful album really and well worth the time to give a spin.

9 Likes

Always enjoy giving this a play
Led Zeppelin 3

28 Likes

Catherine Russell and Sean Mason: My Ideal

The voice-and-piano duets on My Ideal are full of gorgeous jazz nuggets that’ll likely enthrall Russell’s fans while introducing the (25 at the time) piano prodigy to a larger audience. Many of the tracks — like “You Stayed Away Too Long,” “On the Sentimental Side,” “The Best Things Happen While You’re Dancing” — aren’t covered by many 21st-century jazz musicians. Fellow female singers such as Stacey Kent, Diana Krall, Melody Gardot, Madeleine Peyroux, etc., are doing their own thing. However, Russell digs into the past and uncovers interesting treasures to restore and bring to a modern crowd.

5 Likes

Sorry Geoff, for a slow response, just got back from a Funeral…The Michael Franks CD is a great CD, you don’t realise, how many great tracks / records Walter had been involved with.

2 Likes

Classic Ian, Classic :+1:

1 Like

Dire Straits - Making Movies - CD (1980)

28 Likes

Emily Barker – Sweet Kind of Blue
CD|2017

8 Likes

Captain Hook - Ahashik Library

Not sure how I’ve missed this one. Electronic / trance 2013. Great beats and recording.

3 Likes

That’s a Japanese goodie @TheKevster!

I have the Odeon:

16 Likes

CD rip on Core…

20 Likes

Moby - Wait For Me

5 Likes

9 vinyl versions thats very impressive Kev.
I have quite a few CD and vinyl copies of the same album but nothing like your level.
Out of interest how big has your Floyd collection become with Vinyl and CD 's …hybrid SACD copies
Not to mention the bootlegs you post from time to time ?

I really admire your collecting and I imagine Goldfrapp and Bobby Gentry and Zep are equally abundant on your shelves.
Your Iceland trip sounded great.I have never been but woukd love to one day

Cheers Ian

3 Likes

Loving the exotic vinyl Stevie and Kev

3 Likes

Joy Division | Unknown Pleasures | 1979
Because it’s forty five years old and still very fine.

21 Likes

More nostalgia and the only Tull I own. It’s the singles really, they remind me of school. The better off kids owned Tull albums, Disraeli Gears, In The Court of the Crimson King etc. This is a really good compilation. Uniti Core.

15 Likes

More 1970s Japanese Floyd vinyl:

22 Likes

Went with this one Rigsby

JJ Cale: Guitar Man

10 Likes