What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Michael Mantler’s guest list is something very special I think. Qobuz stream.

5 Likes

Must try that!

3 Likes

Isaac Hayes- …To Be Continued

9 Likes

@Tabbycat @steviebee

Missed one out - the bizarre 1983 compilation “Works” (released only in the US and Japan).

Tracklist: One of These Days/Arnold Layne/Fearless/Brain Damage/Eclipse//Set The Controls…/See Emily Play/Several Species…/Free four/Enbryo

10 Likes

Joe Jackson - Big World.
Played it a lot in 1986, together with So, Peter Gabriel. Could not decide which I liked better. I could see So was a more artistic effort but I really liked the depth of a one and a half album and some songs resonated with me. Still like it now.

11 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Ella in East Berlin (1967)

8 Likes

Never seen a copy or even a picture of that comp.

I missed one out too, lol!

9 Likes

Had a bit of a ‘Boss’ day, ‘Born to Run’, ‘Darkness on the edge of town’, ‘Nebraska’ and finally ‘Letter to You’. Not a dud among them.

13 Likes

Gold on “silver disc” CD. Steely Dan.

Track 9 on repeat for awhile.

10 Likes

Off to Nottingham today to visit with @SimonDC
Listening to Leprous: Melodies of Atonement on his recommendation before leaving.

Released last week and growing on me as I listen. Strong hints of Gary Numan in this one.

3 Likes

The quality of a good recording of Aladdin Sane for me is around the 3 mins 30 secs mark (can’t remember the exact time) but it’s near the end of the track when things get a bit jumbled and messy on the song ‘Time’ out of the mix you can hear a flute.

I bought the album in the summer of 1974 (my first album purchase) - it could have been a first pressing which went when I ditched my vinyl collection first time around.

Of all the many media formats of this album I’ve had since, I have never heard the flute so clearly. But it could be my ears after all these years.

9 Likes

Doesn’t offer anything groundbreaking,but well recorded and pleasant enough.

9 Likes

What an evening of Japanese copies
It was lovely seeing you and Kevs albums
Love your combined accumulation of Floyd.
The Music Room truely turned Japanese

4 Likes

Miles Davis - Filles de Kilimanjaro

What a fine album this is.

14 Likes

11 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Martin Chambers! :cake: :yum:

born on 4th September 1951 in Hereford, England :uk:

15 Likes

Love an Obi Kev…:sunglasses:

ATB Graham.

3 Likes

Paul Simon - 1972 - Paul Simon - Label - CBS - OG Vinyl.

This is the second solo album from PS. His first solo album ( The Paul Simon Songbook) was recorded in England in 1965.

This is my original copy bought on the first day of release with the £2-49 price sticker on the back cover.

Love this album.

19 Likes

Bad Company. 1974. Released on Island in the UK, Swan Song in the USA. Still excellent imho.

I wish this was my cover.

19 Likes

After the big white one, this is my favourite Fabs LP. Mono vinyl, from the 2014 box set:

24 Likes