What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

From second favourite to favourite… listening to the outtakes and cast-offs as opposed to the actual album or the Esher demos:

20 Likes

Paul McCartney - Ram Archive Collection - CD (2012 Remaster)

Taken from the album ‘Ram’, Paul and Linda McCartney went to No.1 on the US singles chart, 04/09/71 with the US only released ‘Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey’. McCartney’s first US solo No.1. Paul would later explain that “Uncle Albert” was based on his real-life uncle. “He’s someone I recall fondly and when the song was coming, it was like a nostalgia thing… As for Admiral Halsey, he’s one of yours, an American admiral”, referring to Admiral William “Bull” Halsey.

16 Likes

Not a huge fan but this is a good album imho. 1992. Was a UK number 1 album.

8 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac - CD (1975)

On 04/09/76 Fleetwood Mac went to No.1 on the US album chart with their self-titled album after being on the charts for over a year. The album went on to sell over 5 million copies in the US and was the first of three No.1 albums for the group.

23 Likes

What’s not to like!

15 Likes

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. A first press mono edition, still sounds nice and punchy

22 Likes

Enjoying on vinyl
Mahler’s symphony for full orchestra
Mahler Symphony Number 2 - The Resurrection

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Pat Metheny - What’s It All About

Pat Metheny (Baritone Guitar, 42-String, 6-String Guitar and Nylon-String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from having coffee with friends and kicking off this morning with this 2018 release from Pat’s solo album and as always, he is sounding mighty sweet!

12 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out - CD (1970)

54 years young today, released 04/09/70

21 Likes

10cc. 1974. Inventive and brilliant imho. Probably their best album and always a lyric to insult somebody or other.

I bought this when at school, I must be old.

23 Likes

So did I, on cassette, its a classic album, no worries what it was ripped on, recorded on, just stick it in the portable and Blissssssssss, enjoying the music, which is what’s it’s all about, I hope :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Woodland | Gillian Welch/David Rawlings

The intuitive bond between the two musicians remains at the forefront of their terrific new album, full of quiet adventures and clear empathy.

10 Likes

Ruthie Foster – Healing Time
CD|2022

4 Likes

Easy listening while cooking. Very nice.

7 Likes

10cc - Deceptive Bends - CD (1977)

Joining @Collywobbles with a spin of 10cc

19 Likes

Always enjoy this Peter Hammill album on a relationship break up…its raw
With tracks like Alice Letting Go and Tuesday She Used To Do Yoga and Time Heals
Peter Hammill - Over

9 Likes

Have his first couple of (actually 1st & 4th) solo albums. Saw this given a rave review so I’m giving it a go. Qobuz stream. Excellent SQ.

12 Likes

The Beatles | 1968
Joining the Kevster but playing the actual album rather than the outakes of this great 2018 stereo remix.

19 Likes

Okay,to start with I’m a Nick Cave fan,so seeing several posts about how great this album is I bought the album. Suffice to say I’m totally disappointed,formulaic,poorly recorded,and will probably not give it another listen. As always apologies to anyone who thinks it’s great,no offence intended,we’re all different.

13 Likes

Different type of jazz trio - especially given the sitar, but actually quite interesting….

3 Likes