What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Ryan Adams 2017. He has released 14 albums since 2017. I think he needs to get out more! He has written some brilliant songs though.

" American author Stephen King is historically a fan of Adams, stating in 2007, “I won’t say Adams is the best North American singer songwriter since Neil Young… but I won’t say he isn’t either”"

7 Likes

John Lennon - 1975 - Rock ‘ n’ Roll - Label - Apple - Vinyl.

This is a Japanese white title promo label copy of Rock ‘n’ Roll it is a fantastically silent pressing but not as dynamic as my original UK pressing.

13 Likes

Now Playing…

Anything But The Girl - Amplified Heart

Tracey Thorn (Vocals), Ben Watt (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Mini Moog, Vocals), John Coxon (Keyboards), Martin Ditcham (Percussion, Strings), Peter King (Alto Saxophone), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Kate St John (Cor Anglais), Danny Thompson (Double Bass) and Richard Thompson (Electric Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home after having coffee with friends and sitting down with a bowl of bananas, blueberries, rasberries and yogurt and taking Tracey and Ben supported by a talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime!

16 Likes

Joining the Ryan Adams
Stars Go Blue is just brilliant
Ryan Adams - Gold

13 Likes

The Stones | Big Hits [High Tide and Green Grass] | 1966
Great stuff from the boys that needs a regular airing around here…

20 Likes

“Anything” by them is good!

Everything but the girl like the deserts miss the rain / 2002 Virgin / EU CD / 72435421626

18 Likes

Post work chill.

4 Likes

Uniti Core

27 Likes

More acoustic goodness

3 Likes

Just timeless songs
Simon And Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits

27 Likes

The Rolling Stones | Sticky Fingers | 1971

24 Likes

Eric Clapton - The Road To Yokohama, recorded initially for a live radio and tv transmission.

7 Likes

Hi AndyP, The flute and a sax are clear in the background around 4:46 minutes as you rightly describe in the chaos towards the final chords of the song.
I too had a first pressing bought in 73 which went - along with many other records to a local record dealer to fund new gear and buy the new format COMPACT DISC in the early 80’s. Seems like another lifetime now!

1 Like

Heart - Bad Animals, their 9th studio album released 1987.

9 Likes

If you like anthemic, stadium, orchestral rock, I highly recommend this.

2 Likes

Melancholy mood tonight…….great album

14 Likes

This, Machine Head or Made in Japan? Hmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

This one taking us through the athletics into dinner.

7 Likes

The 2-LP release as part of the Verve Acoustic Sounds Series.
So transfers from analog tapes and remastered 180-gram vinyl.

Nice and noise free, sounds superb.

12 Likes

Gary Numan Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army. - CD (1978)

9 Likes