What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Some lovely Albinoni before the start of the working week
Albinoni - Oboe Concerti Opus 9

11 Likes

Jackson Browne debut album sometimes referred to as Saturate Before Using.

Two singles were released from the album “Doctor My Eyes” & “Rock Me on the Water”.

13 Likes

Wow, I have already listened a handful of times. Esp with my little proac 1sc monitors, I was glued to the chair. Love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The Beatles - 1964 - A Hard Day’s Night - Label - Parlophone - Vinyl (Mono Box Set)
This is the third studio album from the Beatles produced by George Martin. With side one containing songs from the soundtrack to their film of the same name.

25 Likes

Whiskeytown - Strangers Almanac. Still think this is superior to anything Adams has done since, though the missing apostrophe grates.

11 Likes

Good choice. Listening to the single CD…

18 Likes

Listen to that in the car this morning great album.

1 Like

Some chill Axelrod vibes for this rather nice, cool day.

David Axelrod
1968 to 1970 An Anthology
Stateside

5 Likes

Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay - CD (1968)

In Memory of Otis Redding who would have celebrated his Birthday today - 09/09/41 - 10/12/67

Otis Redding American singer-songwriter, record producer. After appearing at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, Redding wrote and recorded his iconic ‘(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay’ with Steve Cropper. The song became the first posthumous No.1 record on the Billboard Hot 100 and The Dock of the Bay became the first posthumous album to reach No.1 on the UK Albums Chart. Redding was killed in a plane crash on 10th December 1967.

20 Likes

Patti Smith - 1975 - Horses - Label - Arista - Vinyl ( 2015 reissue )

Horses is the debut album from Patti S produced by John Cale.

25 Likes

On the original vinyl:-

413so20STkL._AC_1

Bill Nelson - Quit Dreaming And Get On The Beam

9 Likes

I have the CD. It’s a cracking compilation. Axelrod made/produced some fantastic music.

1 Like

He certainly did. The only album I didn’t get on with was the Messiah album. Just didn’t click.

Holy Thursday remains a desert island track for me.

1 Like

Nick Lowe - Dig My Mood - CD (1998)

14 Likes

A classic and constant companion since its release:

Terry Riley
A Rainbow In Curved Air
CBS
US first press 1969

13 Likes

Afternoon chill

5 Likes

Saw The Charles Hazelwood Allstars perform that live at the QEH, on vintage synths. Played some Reich and other minimalist pieces as well, then finished off with Tubular Bells, with one of the McGann brothers doing the Viv Stanshall bit. One of my top ten all-time great gigs. Amazing to think that Riley did the whole thing with tape cut-ups, basically.

Emilie-Claire Barlow, the beat goes on. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Anyone not know what this is?

23 Likes

Graphic representation of a prism :grin:?

3 Likes