What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lea Sen

2 Likes

Liquid Tension Experiment 3

3 Likes

Rocking out before leaving for work with some Deep Purple
Deep Purple - 24 Carat Purple ( compilation )

18 Likes

I recently saw Ulrich Schnauss play the Sage (now known by its less snappy name, The Glass House International Centre for Music). His set included Monday Paracetamol, a glorious thing of beauty that washes over you and features on this album. Perfect with a glass of Jameson’s after a long day.

‘A Strangely Isolated Place’ is a lovely downbeat ambient electronica album by former member of Tangerine Dream, Engineers and Longview. Recommended.

5 Likes

The Michel Petrucciani Trio Live At The Village Vanguard / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / 724354038228

8 Likes

I have come to enjoy this one quit much, actually. A rather new release, as I understand it. (I see the photo is not that very good… Max Richter - In A Landscape)

10 Likes

Lou Reed - 1972 - Transformer - Label - RCA Victory - Vinyl (Speakers Corner reissue)

Herbie Flowers 1938 - 2024 RIP.

29 Likes

King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic (Remastered & Expanded Edition). The bonus extracts from the recording session are well worth a listen.

13 Likes

Bob James Obsession / 1986 Warner / US CD / 9254952

Bob James Keyboards
Marcus Miller Bass
Nicky Moroch, Steve Khan Guitar
Andy Snitzer, Kirk Whalum, Michael Brecker Saxophone
Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker Trumpet

7 Likes

Donald Byrd The Best Of Donald Byrd / 1992 Blue Note / US CD / CDP7986382

9 Likes

CD playing to Muso qb2

5 Likes

It ain’t half bad. The voice may be a bit a ragged these days, but he still knows his way round a Strat!

14 Likes

Enough of pop frivolity! Heavy stuff for a grey afternoon:

11 Likes

Qobuz stream

7 Likes

I have been listening to Jazz all morning. This album on now. I think it’s wonderful. A great recording and master.

The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests - 2005 - Verve 02498 8404 2 - Recorded 1964 in New York City.

14 Likes

Time for a bit of the Heavy.

Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Warner US
Kevin Gray cut.

22 Likes

Wings - London Town, an overlong album on vinyl, this can be pared down to an enjoyable 40 minutes on cd.

13 Likes

I just love these old 70’s records, they just sound great, just like this A1/B1 press. It’s not just the music though, its the memories too :slightly_smiling_face:

I have very fond memories of those days listening to those bands. One memory I have of Lynyrd Skynyrd that always makes me smile, is of my old friend Kevin.

I was in my mid to late teens at the time, Kevin being a few years older, was a serious Skynyrd fan and he got the opportunity to go to see Skynyrd on a UK tour. Being the serious fan that he was he acquired the privilege of meeting the band after the concert.

So he met the guys after the show and then ended up back at their hotel for a few more refreshments. He was so proud of his photos of him and the band, arm in arm, holding their bottles of refreshments (Bourbon and the like, you know the type).

Now, things were going splendidly, until a rugby/football team who were also staying there, seemed to take offence to these long haired ‘southern’ boys having a good old time. Obviously things got out of hand and a fight ensued.

Kevin assured me that his team won the fight, he was in heaven! Not only has he met his idles and partying with them, but he also teamed up with them for a fight! It still makes me smile today :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

12 Likes

DIY goes better with Alabama 3!

Outlaw
One Little Indian

7 Likes