What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

14 Likes

Robyn Hitchcock - Chronology. Needed more Robyn after seeing him live last night.

5 Likes

More Robyn. A Star for Bram. Includes the brilliant “1974”, possibly my favourite RH song.

5 Likes

Dvorák: Symphonies Nos 6-9 - London Symphony Orchestra, Colin Davis

First listen of this new release.

Edit: The”Phantom Hummer” makes a few appearances :joy:

12 Likes

Robert Plant

The Principle of Moments

Edward

21 Likes

Missy Higgins, the second act. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

On CD:-

King Crimson - Sheltering Skies - Live In Frejus August 27th 1982

7 Likes

Andrea Motis & Joan Chamorro Quintet featuring Scott Hamilton, live at Jamboree, Barcelona. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1969 - Green River - Label - Liberty - Vinyl (Early 70s issue)

Green River is CCR third studio album produced by John Fogerty. It includes the single Bad Moon Rising.

17 Likes

WWW. 1987. Debut album.

Nobody admits to liking Wet Wet Wet, but of it’s genre it is decent stuff with some really good songs.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1969 - Willy and the Poor Boys - Label - Liberty Records - OG Vinyl.

This is the fourth studio album by CCR It was the last of three albums released that year, just three months after Green River.

This my favorite CCR album containing my favorite John Fogerty song “Fortunate Son” which does not seem to date.

19 Likes

UB 40, Labour of Love. 1983 Vinyl. I’ve always liked this album and it brings back memories. 4 hit singles including Red Red Wine.

“The album consists of cover versions of ten of the group’s favourite songs by reggae artists from the period 1969 to 1972.”

14 Likes

Moby - Play - CD (1999)

Happy 59th :birthday: Birthday - Moby 11/09/65

Moby, (Richard Hall), producer, vocalist, 1991 UK No.10 single ‘Go’. His album ‘Play’ was the biggest selling UK indie album of 2000, spending 81 weeks on the chart and going platinum in over 20 countries. Moby is a descendent of ‘Moby D**k’ author Herman Melville.

21 Likes

Simply Minds

Once Upon A Time

Edward

21 Likes

Altin Gün - Gece (2019). Dutch/Turkish outfit dedicated to bringing the sounds of 1960s Anatolian psychedelia into the 21st century, and doing so with aplomb. On my must-see list.

5 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle - CD (1973)

19 Likes

3 Likes

More UB 40. Cover songs with great bass lines.

10 Likes

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott - Crooked Calypso - WAV CD rip
What you’d expect from the great songwriter, sardonic witty lyrics with a social conscience, set of catchy tunes. Jacqui Abbott is a superb interpreter of his songs and their voices work well together, overall a great chunk of pop-rock.
Jacqui is unwell, I hope she’s improving.

7 Likes