What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

And the least said about the Paul Gascoigne abomination the better.

steve

1 Like

Jan Gunnar Hoff - Home - 2022 - 2L 2L-168-SABD

Jan playing solo piano. MQA layer being played. I like it!

Incredible sound but I’m sure this is down to the fastidious recording and mastering by 2L for this album. Recorded in DXD 24bit/352.8kHz

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - CD Discovery Edition - (2011)

Pink Floyd released their ninth studio album ‘Wish You Were Here’ today 12/09/75, in the UK. The album which explores themes of absence, the music business, and former band-mate Syd Barrett’s mental decline peaked at No.1 on both sides of the Atlantic and went on to spend a total of 84 weeks on the chart.

39 Likes

This Qobuz file is the best mastering I’ve heard. Not hires, or the Bob Ludwig of my cd as far as I can see.

G

20 Likes

Some more ‘old’ Wakeman;

IMG_0306

ATB, J

7 Likes

15 Likes

Rolling Stones ‘Emotional Rescue’ on CD. Very far from their best but still a very enjoyable listen. I particularly like ‘Down in the hole’.

18 Likes

Lo Moon - I Wish You More Than Luck… contemplating tickets for their U.K shows later this year.

4 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman – Keep Me on Your Mind/See You Free
CD|2024

17 Likes

A Certain Ratio - ACR Loco - CD (2020)

8 Likes

From September 1981, their peak acheivement, and one of the greatest double albums ever released. Steve Hillage is at the controls, and Derek Forbes ascends ever higher into the pantheon of bass guitar gods. They would never be this good again.

My original UK pressings, bought the day they came out. We’d just left school, and I remember buying this the day it came out. We played “Theme For Great Cities” about 20 times in a row that day.

19 Likes

Agreed. ‘Real to Real…’ also. The later stuff was never as interesting.

G

1 Like

Don’t forget the mighty “Empires And Dance” Graeme!

3 Likes

Albinoni, Pachelbel, Bach, Purcell, Vivaldi, Corelli, Locatelli. CD. Lovely.

I wonder if they could have imagined that their music would still be played over 300 yrs later.

13 Likes

Norah Jones n’ Yon Wee Wullies, as we would never say in the cold north.

Sounds lush.

G

6 Likes

Yes. Always a bit of an ‘in-betweener’ for me…but still great.

G

1 Like

8 Likes

More Stones on CD, ‘Tattoo You’. Again, not up with their very very best but a great album nevertheless. Any other band might consider it a career peak.

20 Likes

This is a v good Stones album however, side two makes it a classic Stones album IMOP.

ATB Graham.

1 Like

The tracks from Worried About You are certainly crackers

1 Like