What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Now Playing…

John Surman - Invisable Threads

John Surman (Bass Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Nelson Ayres (Piano) and Rob Waring (Marimba, Vibraphone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention above from @Drikus of John had me reach and place one of his albums into the queue since I had not had him out for a spin in quite awhile… and John, Nelson and Rob are sounding sublime! A lovely album to ease into to the day along with a cup of coffee and bowl of bananas, blueberries and yogurt! Life is Sweet…

7 Likes

5 x CD boxset - EMI Records Ltd 2011 : )

Be Bop Deluxe - Futurist manifesto 1974-1978

<<>>

Up to CD number 4 already :notes: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

16 Likes

Kings of Leon, ‘Only by the Night’. I am thoroughly enjoying reacquainting myself with my CD collection. I am sure there are many of you with ‘better’ systems but the Cyrus CDi, SN3, Spendor A7 combination is certainly doing it for me.

16 Likes

I would expect a really good sound/performance with your combination. :+1:

Keep spinning those discs :cd:

2 Likes

On a (rock n) roll here. Only epic artists on CD. Now playing is David Bowie, ‘Diamond Dogs’. Sounding great.

Next up will be the Boss.

22 Likes

Having had a look at your system profile, i expect you get stellar performance. Enjoy…

1 Like

Now Playing…

David Gilmour - Luck and Strange

David Gilmour (Guitar, Piano, Vocals, Ukulele, Höfner Bass, Farfisa Organ, Vocals, Keyboards, Hammond Organ, Bass gGuitar, Leslie Piano), Richard Wright (Electric Piano, Hammond Organ), Romany Gilmour (Vocals, Harp), Gabriel Gilmour (Vocals), Rob Gentry (Synthesiser, Keyboards, Piano, Organ), Roger Eno (Piano), Guy Pratt (Bass Guitar), Adam Betts (Percussion, Djembe, Drums), Steve DiStanislao (Drums), Steve Gadd (Drums, Percussion), Tom Herbert (Bass Guitar), Edmund Aldhous (Organ), Ely Cathedral Choir (Vocals) and Angel Studios Choir (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with David’s latest album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

15 Likes

More often than anyone might think. I have a fascination with the chord sequences being used in modern music. I think it was a documentary with Pete Waterman that brought it to my attention. There are several websites that list popular music using the Pachabel bass line, once heard, I find it very difficult to unhear it.
Then, there is the research that suggests Albinoni did not write the Adagio…

2 Likes

John Mayer. Paradise Valley. 2013. CD.

Mayer has said it may be his worst album. It may be, but it is still very good imho.

10 Likes

Yes, Oasis, “Don’t Look Back In Anger” is one. Very influential chord sequence.

1 Like

Springsteen, ‘Born in the USA’ on CD. What a great way to spend a Thursday evening.

23 Likes

Led Zeppelin III | 1970
Who can stay away from Zeppelin for long? This was calling out to get played again.

24 Likes

Isabelle Faust - Solo: Matteis - Pisendel - Biber - Guillemain - Vilsmayr

6 Likes

I had already chosen this to play, before reading the thread and seeing the band is quite popular tonight

The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge.

15 Likes

Just played this on CD :cd:. It’s had many plays here.

The recording is incredible imo. I believe arguably one of the best versions of the Bach Cello Suites. I must get Vol.2 one day.

12 Likes

Rounding off the evening with BB King and friends. Really well produced album and his friends aren’t exactly unknown. CD again.

12 Likes

Led Zeppelin | Houses of the Holy | 1973
Another out of that Definitive Collection box.

27 Likes

Nick drake,bryter layter
Bryter_Layter

21 Likes

Agree with Graham about side two and Waiting on a friend is the best track on the whole album. Taylor’s guitar work is pure magic, Tosh and Richard’s on that video - sitting on the steps of Physical Graffiti album cover building. Classic!:sunglasses:

4 Likes
5 Likes