What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Nice.
I had the date earmarked in my calendar.
Let us know your thoughts.

Leaf Hound - Growers of Mushroom

6 Likes

A stellar recording. Wonderful music beautifully played.

11 Likes

We used to cover ‘Wishing Well’ in a short-lived band I was in in the early 80’s. We had a great lead guitarist, bass player and drummer, and a truly terrible, terrible singer (me).

G

17 Likes

Great album!!

2 Likes

Just arrived. Been looking forward to this. Her debut was a cracker. Uniti Core.

11 Likes

The master himself! :+1:

13 Likes

Exemplary musicianship abounds!

5 Likes

Hi, on first listen I like the album, possibly more accessible initially than the last album and at least none of the fake crackling that appeared on California Soil tracks.

Its not going to change the world for anyone who isn’t a fan already, kind of like the release of a new Red Hot Chilli’s album in that you know what you are going to get, but I’m ok with that.

Most of the strongest tracks have been available for a while on the Fakest Bitch EP so are already familiar, couple of filler tracks on there, but otherwise an enjoyable listen.

I’ve found with other LG releases that my favourite tracks can tend to change over time and that ones that initially didn’t hit home can be growers.

On first listen weakest track is Ordinary Life, best track Kind of Man.

7/10 I’d say, solid.

2 Likes

Great, thanks and yes understand your comments.
Only recently purchased Californian Soil and really like it.
I love track 6. How Does it Feel especially. Played loud it’s really upbeat! I’d happily put this into my DJ set.
Enjoy.

The remixes available on Spotify are well worth checking out. If you like LG then would be worth giving Haelos a listen if not familiar with them. Both bands are brilliant live.

2 Likes

Peak Kate.

G

27 Likes

Time for some female vocals. Great album, recording and master imo.

I sometimes forget how good the Spendor D7.2 are at relaying the sound of drums and their different tones. Track 2. Fever just did it. Incredible!

13 Likes

Robert Schumann – Jean-Guihen Queyras, Isabelle Faust, Alexander Melnikov, Freiburger Barockorchester, Pablo Heras-Casado – Cello Concerto
CD|2016

Includes DVD, but have never watched it.

9 Likes

Thanks for recommending this. Excellent.

1 Like

The Police - 1979 - Reggatta de Blanc - Label - A&M - OC Vinyl.

This is the second studio album by the Police. It produced four singles Message in a Bottle, Walking on the Moon, Bring On the Night & The Bed’s Too Big Without You.

This is a cracking album for a sunny afternoon fast, fun, and beautiful produced by Nigel Gray.

31 Likes

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky - CD (1974)

Jackson’s third album, 50 years young today 13/09/74

14 Likes

Oscar Peterson - Plays Cole Porter - Verve 42282 19872 - Recorded 1959

11 Likes

Jan Garbarek - In Praise of Dreams

The sort of album that I sometimes hear on late night radio. Good CD mid-afternoon too.

6 Likes

Not played this in a while and it’s so, so good. (Apple Venus vol.1)

G

11 Likes