What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Afternoon here.

Good time for a cup of herb tea and some tunes.

:sunflower::+1:

1 Like

I’m drinking through an iv right now. :grin:

4 Likes

This one’s going out to you, Pete - the sound of Jimmy Smith and his organ.

Miles Davis called him a force of nature.

10 Likes

Daughter is buying me this, but couldn’t wait so streaming on Qobuz. Robyn Hitchcock - 1967, Vacations in the Past. Mostly covers from around that time. Looking forward to reading his memoir “1967, how I got there, and why I never left”.

4 Likes

As its Friday at last and nearly the weekend again
Rocking out with the classic Whitesnake line up before work

R.I .P Jon Lord And Bernie Marsden

Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City

8 Likes

Verdict - an easy listen, nothing ground breaking.

7 Likes

Seeing your posts of Robyn Hitchcock and seeing him this week
Made me play Gotta Let This Hen Out and yesterday at work I watched this excellent documentary film about I Often Dream Of Trains filmed live in NYC…great hearing Robyns thoughts about the album and great live footage of the concert
Going to play more Robyn Hitchcock And The Egyptians this weekend…its been to long
Wishing you a good day Rigsby
Cheers Ian

:

5 Likes

Mandolin Orange - Boots of Spanish Leather

10 Likes

3 Likes

Cheers Ian. He’s a treasure, isn’t he? Didn’t know about the film - definitely on my watch list now. Enjoy the weekend and the music, mate.

2 Likes

Hadewych van Gent / Yupeng He, Hadewych van Gent - Voice (The Royal Academy of Music Bicentenary)

9 Likes

On Qobuz released today. Nice!

12 Likes

Limited edition , no 25 of 500 signed Assai Obi edition of London Grammars new release, The Greatest Love will be getting a spin later.

8 Likes

New Mike Stern album out today. Line up is awesome, first song is promising. This will be on repeat this weekend!

Echoes and other songs

Line up: Chris Potter, Jim Beard, Christian McBride, Antonio Sanchez, Richard Bona, Bob Franceschini & Dennis Chambers

5 Likes

I’ve just booked to see him in Rochdale next month.

1 Like
10 Likes

Vivaldi x2 - La Serenissima, Adrian Chandler

12 Likes

Nothing beats an exorcism to start the day.

G

16 Likes

Stan Getz: Sweet Rain

6 Likes