What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Linda Ronstadt - 1974 - Heart Like a Wheel - Label - Asylum Records - OG Vinyl.

This is Linda’s fifth studio album produced by Peter Asher. It produced four singles You’re No Good, I Can’t Help It, When Will I Be Loved & It Doesn’t Matter Anymore.

One of her best albums IMOP and widely considered to be her breakthrough album.

12 Likes

Ensoulment by The The. This is a real grower and a definite return to form

6 Likes

LED Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy - 1994 Remaster - 7567-82639-2
Released in 1973

26 Likes

Some Trout for lunch. CD rip on Core…

5 Likes

Just released yesterday - the latest album from London singer-songwriter Nilufer Yanya - My Method Actor. Very hard to categorise - bits of St Vincent, King Krule, Sade, Siouxsie but her own thing. And she can definitely play guitar. V good

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Chris, will give this a listen!

1 Like

It’s a very Will Gregory interview - he has to pick his favourite song and goes for Mahler!

2 Likes

STEALERS WHEEL - 1972 - Stealers Wheel - Label - A&M - OG Vinyl.

This is the debut album from SW Gerry Rafferty, Joe Egan, Rod Coombes, Paul Pilnick, Tony Williams, produced by Jerry Lieber & Mike Stoller. Includes the classic Stuck in the Middle with You.

This is one of the best sounding records in my collection the bass and drums are something else. It’s a brilliant album.

19 Likes

Blue Note Spring Sampler 2000 / Promo UK CD / BLUE 2000

1 Patricia Barber The Beat Goes On
2 Kurt Elling Intro/Goin’ To Chicago - Featuring Jon Hendricks
3 New Directions Song For My Father - Featuring Osby, Moran, Shim, Harris
4 Brian Blade Fellowship Perceptual
5 Greg Osby Ashes - Featuring Andrew Hill, Jim Hall
6 Eliane Elias Nostalgia In Times Square
7 Dr. John I’m Gonna Go Fishin’
8 Ronny Jordan In Flow - Featuring Stefon Harris
9 Mark Shim Don’t Wake The Violent Baby
10 Jackie McLean Star Eyes - Featuring Billy Higgins, Cedar Walton
11 Chucho Valdes My Funny Valentine

6 Likes

Thanks!

G

8 Likes

small_cover

2 Likes

Grinderman - Grinderman 2 - CD (2010)

Nick Cave / Warren Ellis alter ego to the Bad Seeds.

12 Likes

Still loving my CDs. 1st up today is ‘Chill out’ by John Lee Hooker. A blues legend in fine form.

18 Likes

Yes they are my own rips @MrDom, from their aforementioned Definitive Collection, personally I think they sound wonderful and are the best digital copies I have. I no longer have vinyl to compare them with. I always reach for these SHM-CDs in preference to any others including all the various hi-res digital recordings.

4 Likes

Vimala Rowe (voc)
John Etheridge (g)
Dudley Phillips (b)

2 Likes

Blind Pilot – In the Shadow of the Holy Mountain
CD|2024

Indie rock. First album in 8 years.

5 Likes

Enjoying on CD
The Wailers - Burnin

14 Likes

Def Leppard - Drastic Symphonies
Recommended by a work colleague and has been worth a listen.

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Richard Ashcroft - Acoustic Hmns Vol 1

Richard Ashcroft (Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals), Adam Phillips (Acoustic Guitar), Amy May (Viola), Ben Trigg (Cello, Cimbalom, String Conductor), Bruce White (Viola), Charlie Brown (Violin), Chris Potter (Bass, Percussion), Chris Worsey (Cello), Chuck Leavell (Piano), Ciaran McCabe (Violin), Damon Minchella (Bass), Deborah Widdup (Violin), Dominic Glover (Trumpet), Effie Zilch (Vocals), Everton Nelson (Violin), Ian Burdge (Cello), Jackie Shave (Violin), Jim Hunt (Saxophone), Justin Phipps (Tambourine), Kate Lamont (Vocals), Laurence Ungless (Bass), Liam Gallagher (Vocals), Marianne Haynes (Violin), Miko Marke (Vocals), Natalia Bonner (Violin), Nerys Richards (Cello), Oliver Langford (Violin), Patrick Kiernan (Violin), Phil Granell (Violin), Reiad Chibah (Viola), Sonny Ashcroft (Acoustic Guitar), Steve Sidelnyk (Drums, Percussion), Steve Wyreman (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Piano), Tom Piggott-Smith (Violin), Trevor Mires (Trombone) and Triona Milne (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a mention from @stewartg above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening couple of tracks are sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Live Genesis from Paris 1977
Genesis - Seconds Out

13 Likes