What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

My wife bought me Strong Persuader when we were courting. Was she trying to tell me something I wonder.

G

17 Likes

:+1: Yes but what version?

It is a great recording of some really good songs. Glad you enjoy.

Ballad Of The Broken Seas - Isobel Campbell & the late great Mark Lanegan
This is sounding so good that I’m wondering, do I really need the repressed vinyl that’s being released shortly :man_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

LVB. Vinyl. Lovely. Relaxing while plucking up the courage to look at the football scores.

9 Likes

The Strokes debut, ‘Is This It’ on CD.

8 Likes

The Robert Cray Band - False Accusations

12 Likes

None other…

1 Like

Interesting interview, almost had me feeling sorry for him!
Thank goodness music is the winner from this collaboration and a fine album to boot.

1 Like

Yes, I used to have a subscription but with Qobuz and Apple Music too I ditched Tidal as I didn’t have anything that could do more than an initial MQA unfold - not that that’s relevant for audio now.

Apple Music is pretty disappointing for music videos with limited content.

I bought dozens of 70s-90s music videos in iTunes but so many were worse than VHS quality which was latgely due to the source material I suspect, but now everything recent seems to be 1080p or better on YouTube it’s hard to watch older ones apart from nostalgia.

1 Like

Arctic Monkeys, ‘The Car’ on CD. Much criticised by some who love their first 5 albums. In fairness, I love those albums too and they are (IMHO) better than this one and its immediate predecessor. That said, this is still very good.

10 Likes

At least it wasn’t a lavatory shot.

Was going to give that a spin earlier.

Be interested to hear what you think - I think it’s really good

George Harrison
Live in Japan 1992

8 Likes

Echoes - Coco Tomita, Simon Callaghan, Yume Tomita

First listen of this new release.

2 Likes

Genesis Abacab - CD (1981)

Following @Tabbycat in playing some Genesis, this seemed rather appropriate as it was released 43 years ago today!

11 Likes

Chinchilla, 1:5 (live)

Wow, Just WOW.

1 Like

No cheese in the fridge….

Those male grunts on the first track sound ridiculous.

2 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Garry Clark Junior - Live

17 Likes

Thanks - liking this. Not what I expected more relaxed and confident to rely on beautiful compositions rather than noise - agree hard to pigeonhole.

4 Likes