What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Nilüfer Yanya – ‘My Method Actor’

The London singer-songwriter aimed not to dilute her music-making process on her third record. The results are her most absorbing listen yet

5 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl
Camel - A Live Record

7 Likes

Another Definitive Edition, this time of the mighty P,C&L. This box set has an LP, two CDs, two DVDs and a book. The second CD, which is the one I’m listening to, contains outtakes and “writing sessions” and is essential, particularly if like me, you believe that at that time (1983) NO were the best band in the world (which they were).

15 Likes

A lovely original copy picked up this weekend

14 Likes

Have you seen the superb Rory documentary on I player ?
If you haven’t Buster you will love it
The Rory Gallagher story its still there BTW
Cheers Ian

2 Likes

Jimmy Pages Firm - Live 1985.

4 Likes

Great cover - keep it simple & direct :yum:

1 Like

Andrew Marlin - Buried In a Cape

3 Likes

1st run

11 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls

24 Likes

The Flying Burrito - Burrito Deluxe 1970
It contains the first issued version of the Mick Jagger/Keith Richards written song Wild Horses almost a year before it appeared on Sticky Fingers.

8 Likes

The Kinks - Something Else By The Kinks - CD (1967)

A cool 57 years young today released 15/09/67

18 Likes

RIP to the great Roli Mossiman (Wiseblood, Swans, Young Gods, The The, New Order etc)

5 Likes

Every time I play this I think surely this is his best. And then I play Goldrush and Harvest and On the beach and Tonight and I don’t know anymore. But in any case, no matter how many duds, he is my hero :wink:

20 Likes

It’s too long ago that I heard this one…

28 Likes

What a talented bloke Wood is. Uniti Core.

2 Likes

I agree they were at this very point in time. The period from Movement up to & including Thieves and Confusion, with PCL at its heart, is my very favourite NO era.

1 Like

I came across this on AM. Superb, inventive and very persuasive electronics. Accessible but not simply ambient wallpaper. There’s some lovely bits of weirdness, too

KB Music.

4 Likes

UK first press vinyl from 1989. Co-produced by the late Roli Mosimann:

10 Likes

I was reading a social media post about Sabbaths rhythm section, namely Geezer Butler and Bill Ward. So I just had to put it on tonight, on the headphones, as Mrs M is watching the telly in the other room!

Also, not to mention, my favourite rock album cover!

17 Likes