What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

6 Likes

Some Sunday afternoon Fabs as a roast chicken cooks in the oven
The Beatles - A Hard Days Night

20 Likes

One of my favourite violinists :+1:

2 Likes

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet - CD (2007)

14 Likes

This is an album I play at lest once a month the wonderful Warren Zevon this is September’s spin.

12 Likes

Stevie Nicks Bella Donna. Remaster

13 Likes

Definitely prefer EJ in his early years.

18 Likes

The Voice!

13 Likes

2 hr program on now on 6Music celebrating 30 years since the release of Jeff Buckley’s Grace - excellent program. Lots of contributors including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant
Can it really be 30 yrs?

6 Likes

12 Likes

Half way through and this is just brilliant - if you’re a JB fan this is an essential listen. Lots of recordings of songs I haven’t heard from him including a spontaneous version of Sly Stone’s ‘Everyday People’. Extraordinary

1 Like

Straightforward, to the point and none the worse for that. Uniti Core.

6 Likes

Mipso – Edges Run
CD|2018

Bluegrass.

1 Like

Asia - Asia
The first album and probably the best.

12 Likes

Surely it’s impossible not to like Roy Wood? This is a great album. Uniti Core.

6 Likes

New Order – Movement: Definitive Edition. A box set containing one LP, two CDs (including the original album on one plus another containing load of demos, outtakes, rehearsals etc – which is the disc I am listening to now and it’s brilliant), a DVD and a very nice hardback book. The DVD, containing various gigs, vids and TV appearances from 1980–82 is essential too.

16 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Now playing…

Jasmine Myra - Horizons

Jasmine Myra (Flute, Alto Saxophone), Alice Roberts (Harp), Anna Chandler (Soprano Saxophone), Ben Haskins (Guitar), Elizabeth Lister (Viola), Gavin Barras (Double Bass), George Hall (Drums), Greg Burns (Percussion), Isabella Baker (Violin), Jasper Green (Keyboards), Lisa Natsuno (Violin), Lizzie Elliot (Cello) and Sam Quintana (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… I had placed this in the queue recently and now taking out for a spin. Album release in July 2022 and first time taking out for a spin and the opening track is sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Asia - Alpha

8 Likes

Talking Heads - True Stories, released today in 1986.

17 Likes