What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Simultaneously in 2 rooms, just as well I’m detached!

9 Likes

Change of pace this morning.

9 Likes

Missed that one, great song writer.

1 Like

14 Likes

1st run, this is not traditional Neil Cowley Trio with the usual in your face trio music. It’s more contemplative and restrained, closer to his solo work. Still nice but different from the albums before of the trio.

3 Likes

Starting the day with some Wes

s-l960
Verve Jazz Masters 14 - Wes Montgomery, excellent comp of his work for this label.

7 Likes

Focus - Hamburger Concerto - 1974

First one, and no idea what todays set might look like?

12 Likes

Rodney Green Quartet Featuring Warren Wolf
Live At Jazzhus Montmartre Copenhagen
2017 Storyville / Denmark CD / 1018457

Warren Wolf Vibraphone
Jacob Christoffersen Piano
David Wong Bass
Rodney Green Drums

6 Likes

Robbie Robertson, The Red Road Ensemble Feat. Ulali - Mahk Jchi (Heartbeat Drum Song)

@steviebee I couldn’t find much from Ulali but I enjoyed this

As for Drums, do you mean traditional drums? Stuff like this next album is off the scale in terms of energy and attack.

Yim Hok-Man - Master of Chinese Percussion

6 Likes

Paul Simon - 1990. - The Rhythm of the Saints - Label Warner Bros. - OG Vinyl.

This is Paul’s eighth studio album produced PS.

It produced three singles The Obvious Child, Proof & Born at the Right Time.

15 Likes

Thats going on later. I bought the vinyl earlier in the summer, one of his that had totally passed me by for some reason. Great album.

1 Like

Richard Ashcroft - Alone With Everybody

4 Likes

Music from the motion picture Girl 6, Prince, 1996.

This is by all means Prince, just arrived brand new, it has been undisturbed in its cellophane skin for 28 years, waiting for me.

Some new songs, his voice and guitar sound beautiful, perhaps my system has improved in all these years.

1996 is the year of Chaos and Disorder and Emancipation (a very strange time) but in this Girl 6 he sounds fresh and unconcerned.

Amazing found, I like it very, very much.

And The Cross is here too…

6 Likes

I do like a bit of Philip Glass. This is a fine album.

13 Likes

FACT 10

15 Likes

George Harrison - Living In The Material World, giving this '06 reissue a spin after receiving notification that this album is getting the big box treatment later in the year. Not sure this recording needs a remix?

8 Likes

Joan Chamorro & Andrea Motis, feeling good. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

The Carpenters, now & then. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Ulali are great. I don’t know if they’re still together, hope so. Took me awhile some years ago to track down their CD(s) after I bought Robbie Robertson’s fine album.

I’ve always loved American Indian music. Try The Black Lodge Singers. The many Pow Wow events are just superb. I’d love to go to one.

2 Likes

David Bowie - Hours - CD (1999)

Released 25 years ago today 21/09/99

14 Likes