What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Zep I

A remastered by Jimmy copy getting its first spin.

19 Likes

Interestingly, yesterday (20th) was the 25th anniversary of the release of “Thursday’s Child”, the first single from the Hours album. A special digital EP was released to all “digital” platforms yesterday (presume that means streaming services but I can’t find it on Qobuz).

Details for those interested - from the Bowie Facebook page:-

LIVE MANHATTAN DIGITAL EP

“Throw me tomorrow, Everything’s falling into place…”

Tomorrow (20th September) sees the 25th anniversary of the release of Thursday’s Child, the first single from ‘hours…’.

In celebration of that fact, Parlophone will issue the LIVE FROM THE MANHATTAN CENTER ’99 DIGITAL EP which features three previously unreleased live tracks recorded for the U.K. TV show Top Of The Pops but not broadcast at the time.

The songs were taped on 21st August, two days before VH1 Storytellers was recorded in the same building (The Manhattan Center) but not in the same studio.

If it’s the 20th where you are, you may already be enjoying the EP via your favourite digital platform.

20th SEPTEMBER

LIVE FROM THE MANHATTAN CENTER ’99 DIGITAL EP

Thursday’s Child (Previously Unreleased)

Survive (Previously Unreleased)

The Pretty Things Are Going To Hell (Previously Unreleased)

Stay tuned for details of more celebrations of the 25th anniversary of ‘hours…’.

5 Likes

Everything But The Girl Adapt Or Die / 2005 Virgin / EU CD / 0724356382428

5 Likes

That’s a good idea, Geoff. I think I’ll join you (just five hours late).

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, didn’t know that, will check that out :+1:

1 Like

Portishead - Dummy - 1994
CD rip

Working my way through the What Hifi prompt, played the Soundgarden yesterday, might dig out the Prodigy vinyl next.

18 Likes

Great low level listening dynamics, timbral realism and pin-point staging with the NPX300 on the 333.

G

9 Likes

7 Likes

Faces - A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse.

22 Likes

Roon has a habit of “finding” music it thinks you may like. I had been listening to some Michael Nyman, and other minimalist music, as well as some Blues and Jazz that are not so minimalist.

I was given a suggestion of Nala Sinephro, a very talented young lady, best described as minimalist jazz. I highly recommend her if you like minimalist music.

1 Like

4 Likes

LP - Asylum Records reissue from the mastertapes : )

The Eagles - Hotel California

:eagle:

Don Felder - lead guitar, backing vocals
Glenn Frey - guitars, backing vocals, keyboards, lead vocals
Don Henley - drums, percussion, lead vocals, backing vocals, synthesiser
Randy Meisner - bass
Joe Walsh - guitars

Studio Criteria Studios, Miami, FL & Record Plant Studios, Los Angeles CA

~ < < > > ~

Happy Birthday Don Felder! :birthday: :partying_face:

born in Gainesville, Florida, on 21st September 1947 :us:

27 Likes

Making An Offering
Ese and The Vooduu People.
Live last night.

(Listening on my phone so a still only, sorry)

6 Likes

6 Likes

Bought this when I was a student. Think I liked the cover. Good songs, great version of Tumbling Dice.

12 Likes

Beatles, Revolver, Qobuz.

21 Likes

Picked up this vinyl today. Giving it a spin and thoroughly enjoying it. Desmond Dekker, ‘The Israelites’.

8 Likes

Nirvana - In Utero - CD (1993)

31 years young today released 21/09/93

15 Likes

My ears are alight!

3 Likes

Now playing another of today’s purchases; The Rolling Stones, “Get yer ya-ya’s out! IMHO, this and ‘Live from El Mocambo’ are their best live albums. Bought on CD as I have been really enjoying reaquainting myself with the little silver disks. Settling in for a proper evening of listening with just a break for dinner. Obvs there will be beer and perhaps wine. Can’t think of too many better ways to spend a Saturday night.

19 Likes