What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

In my top 10 albums of all time

2 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - 2019 - Western Stars - Vinyl.

Love this period in Bruce’s career.

Happy Birthday Bruce :tada::clap:

12 Likes

15 Likes

A real return to form. Loving this album.

8 Likes

A bit of the King to brighten up this rather soggy day.

5 Likes

Verdi. CD. Compilation. Pleasant stuff.

8 Likes

James Bond Collection

Having heard the theme from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service on Radio 3 at the weekend, I decided to dig out this from my collection and pass it by the Okki Nokki. Some great themes here as well as some rather excellent songs.

12 Likes

Been wfh and playing Be-Bop Deluxe albums at lowish volume back to back for hours whilst the new NPX300 settles. It’s sounding much more consistent today after 55h on since out of the box. Yesterday it was up and down like a yoyo.

Sounding very nice indeed. More to come, no doubt.

G

9 Likes

5 Likes

On CD.

9 Likes

The Stranglers - No More Heroes - CD (1977)

Released 47 years ago today 23/09/77

15 Likes

Great recording - heard it on Munich on a crazy good system, and in vinyl…., even while my system is good …., at home it sounds not as mesmerizing…. It was on the Dartzeel system…

5 Likes

Jamie XX new album, In Waves, really enjoying this one.

Sleeve will probably mess with camera.

2 Likes

8 Likes

ECM Luminessence vinyl. Great sound, even better music on this landmark album.

7 Likes

Neu! 75.

We had a whole batch (500 plus) of less seen CDs sold to the shop last week.
Working my way through my allotted portion.

10 Likes

RIP Benny Golson. No better memorial listen than this Mosaic CD set by the Jazztet he co-lead with Art Farmer.

5 Likes

Something new- Dave Guy Ruby - very Noo York trumpet led synth punchy rhythms and a deep bass to get those woofers flapping. A tad repetitive perhaps but short tracks don’t outstay their welcome. Tidalised.

3 Likes

Prompted by a conversation with the writer Alyn Shipton – a big Mulligan buff – I’m streaming this 1961 collab between Gerry and his then squeeze, the actress and singer Judy Holliday. A lot of people don’t seem to rate this, but I think it’s terrific. Gonna have to track it down on vinyl…

3 Likes

One of my first albums, as a 13yo ‘Punk’!

G

1 Like