What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

St Germain Des Prés Vinyl Sessions Blues Café / 2014 Music Brokers / Mexico CD x 2 / MBB7170

8 Likes

Enchanting Julian Bream playing Rodrigo before leaving for work

12 Likes

I was very impressed as a youngster with the train going right to left on my brothers oversized stereo. Now I just love to hear saxophone in many of David’s songs, which he did play himself but not considered well enough for his albums. Can someone point me to one where he plays the sax?

9 Likes

I think he plays Sax on the Low album. Sound & Vision for example.

2 Likes

This is a new one to me.

Bowie definitely on the very top of his game. Excellent vocally. From the last 2 nights of the tour that Stage came from but with no messing with the sequence of songs.

.sjb

13 Likes

A post from @Charles64 reminded me how good this band were. Celia Humphris has one of the great folk-rock voices.
Trees - On The Shore

11 Likes

The Shadows - 1963 - The Shadows’ Greatest Hits - Label - Columbia (EMI) - OG (mono) Vinyl.

This is my parents original copy and was played constantly throughout my childhood. It probably was instrumental “see what I did there” in developing my love of pop music :musical_score:

16 Likes

MJ Lenderman - Manning Fireworks. Rowdy, Neil Young-ish Americana from the North Carolinian guitar player. Well worth a listen if that’s your thing.

5 Likes

Ninet Tayeb - Paper Parachute

The post above from @A-Fin led me to finding Ninet’s version of Black Velvet with Infected Mushroom. Then I found a number of titles by Ninet on Qobuz. Last time I searched there were only a few tracks. There are a few tracks on here which are immediately appealing, as well as others which will require a bit more effort.

4 Likes

Why? Post lunch relaxation.

steve

15 Likes

Tom Waits - Mule Variations

I know already that true aficionados praise this album to the skies but I’m late to the party. What a voice, what an album!

13 Likes

That excellent Tom Waits album just happens to be stored next to the Wakeman album in my collection.

steve

2 Likes

Beatles, For Sale. Qobuz. One of my favourite albums by The Beatles :notes::100:

16 Likes

Why? Helped me focus whilst writing a review of a razor.

steve

9 Likes

Fripp & Eno - Evening Star - 1975

Dorset and Suffolk’s finest in action a long time ago.

14 Likes

Billy Fury - 2008 - His Wondrous Story : The Complete Collection - CD.

Another voice from my childhood.

6 Likes

Late arvo Hub - Freddie Hubbard and an all-star band with string section on 1963s The Body & The Soul. From hard bop to big band to strings all arranged by Wayne Shorter. Glorious playing from Freddie’s full fat tone to Dolphy’ out there soloing it’s all here. Verve By Request Impulse reissue.

10 Likes

Nirvana - Nevermind - CD (1991)

Released 24/09/91 Nirvana’s second album.

18 Likes

I’m joining @Cmax !!

12 Likes

Just ordered it on your recommendation. :sunglasses:

1 Like