What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bryan Ferry, boys and girls. Belated happy birthday. :tada::birthday::gift:

21 Likes

Second Toughest in the Infants by Underworld. Banging EDM from the 90’s.

11 Likes

Milt Jackson & The Monty Alexander Trio Soul Fusion / 1992 Pablo / US CD / OJCCD7312

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
Monty Alexander Piano
John Clayton Bass
Jeff Hamilton Drums

5 Likes

Friday at last and nearly the weekend again so Rocking out with the classic Motorhead line up before leaving for work

R.I .P Lemmy - Phil and Eddy

Motorhead - No Sleep Till Hammersmith

11 Likes

Deadmau5 - w:/2016ALBUM/

8 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson Oblique / 2005 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724356383524

8 Likes

On CD:-

Frank Zappa - You Can’t Do That Onstage Anymore Vol.2 - The Helsinki Concert

8 Likes

No Hero - Desperate Journalist.

Vinyl copy is in the mail so giving D.J’s new release a stream while waiting it’s arrival.

3 Likes

Sir Ivan and jazzy collaborators reworking the catalogue again…

4 Likes

Beatles. Love. 2006. CD. I really enjoy some of the mash-ups, they work well imho.

14 Likes

Phil Turcio, Ric Fierabracci, Joel Rosenblatt Hemispheres / 2007 no label / US CD / 3710139825

5 Likes

Moloko Catalogue / 2006 Echo / UK Promo CD / ECHCDPR70

8 Likes

Jamie XX ‘In Waves’ - some pleasent vibes.

2 Likes

Worth a listen, Miles?

It’s been quite a while since I listened to the Brand New Heavies, but ‘brother sister’ just appeared in Qobuz new releases, so why not!

4 Likes

Melanie - 1970 - Candles in the Rain - Label - Buddha - OG Vinyl.

This is singer songwriter Melanie’s third album it produced three singles Lay Down (Candles in the Rain), What Have They Done to My Song Ma and a cover of Ruby Tuesday.

This is a record that I had total forgotten I had in my collection found after a rearrange to find more space on the racks.

It’s very much of its time singer songwriter folk rock with a smattering of cover versions Ruby Tuesday, Carolina in My Mind. The gospel title track Lay Down ( Candles In the Rain) features the Edwin Hawking Singers.

Melanie Anne Safka died January 23, 2024 (aged 76)

10 Likes

David Bowie - Scary Monsters - CD (1980)

David Bowie scored his fourth UK No.1 album with his fourteenth studio album Scary Monsters (And Supercreeps). The album’s lead single, ‘Ashes to Ashes’, revisited the character of Major Tom from ‘Space Oddity’ and was promoted with an inventive music video, at the time the most expensive music video ever made.

22 Likes

Was only 3-4 tracks in before work matters rudely intruded. But on that evidence I’d say if you enjoy Van in his latter day bluesy/jazzy persona then yes it’s worth a listen.

But it’s a long way from the celtic mysticism of yore, i think it’s also fair to say.

2 Likes

10cc - Deceptive Bends.

16 Likes

… and this is as Finnish as it can get.

6 Likes