What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Been looking forward to this release, a long time coming. Liked the Baker Gurvitz army, and some of his produced albums for others. Pictured here with his friend Stevie Wonder, played on the Gurvitz produced Pixie Lott album.

1 Like

LP - Blue Note BN80 2024 reissue : )

Donald Byrd Band & Voices - A New Perspective

<<>>

Donald Byrd – trumpet
Hank Mobley – tenor saxophone
Herbie Hancock – piano
Kenny Burrell – guitar
Donald Best – vibraphone, vocals
Butch Warren – bass
Lex Humphries – drums
Duke Pearson – arranger
Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson – choir direction
Unidentified vocalists:
Four men (two basses, two tenors) and four women (two altos, two sopranos)

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on 12th January 1963

~ < < > > ~

My first time listen to this album and so enjoyable repeat played it twice.
IMHO one those must haves in the Jazz record collection :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

12 Likes

Dammit Debs, you’re doing it again! :wink:

1 Like

George Harrison - Thirty Three & 1/3, from Dark Horse Years box set.

7 Likes

Much More Fun on a rainy afternoon here in north London! -

Richard

2 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - The Graduate - CD (1968)

16 Likes

Phil Collins

Serious Hits…Live! (2019 Remaster)

Edward

9 Likes

:ok_hand:t3: Great album from X.

They were like the LA version of The Pretenders in some ways…Guitar-driven dime-a-dance romance and sneer.
Great stuff.

1 Like

Elton John | Love Songs | 1995
This album is variously gentle, pleasant and poignant he does make some fine music, the partnership with Bernie Taupin was epic.

8 Likes

Digging out a few Tone Poet releases, starting with this one.

14 Likes

Schuman - Kian Soltani, Camerata Salzburg, Gregory Ahss, Julien Quentin

First listen of this new release.

4 Likes

1 Like

As the rain terms down outside having an ECM arvo culminating in John Surman Coruscating with Chris Laurence & a string 4tet. CD. Still thrilling after nearly a quarter of a century.

2 Likes

It is sad that John Surman has recently announced that he had stopped touring, although he will continue recording. Totally understandable though and he has well earned the rest from the road.

Last time I saw him was on a high, performing ‘Tales From The Algonquin’ with a big band.

1 Like

More Grant Green/Tone Poet.

11 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that. Wow - that must have been some gig! Don’t think we’ve seen him since Sage Gateshead with the Alexander Hawkins Trio maybe 2016.

The police

Greatest Hits

Edward

13 Likes

It was with the Southampton Youth Jazz Orchestra (rehearsed by John Warren himself) at Turner Sims. First half was the Surman Quartet with Alex Hawkins on piano !

1 Like

Sparks - Kimono My House - CD (1974)

18 Likes

Paul Rodgers.

“Although attributed solely to Rodgers, the album features many guest musicians including Jeff Beck, Jason Bonham, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy, Brian May, Steve Miller, Gary Moore, Trevor Rabin, Richie Sambora, Neal Schon, Brian Setzer and Slash. It was released in 1993.” WIKI.

11 Likes