What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yello - Toy

14 Likes

Elton John | Blue Moves | 1976
Disc one of two on this expanded SHM-CD from 2010

12 Likes

Haven’t played in decades but sounding good
The Mission - Gods Own Medicine

6 Likes

My wife’s out tonight so it’s just me and the organ. First up - Jon Gillock playing Olivier Messiaen organ music. Fantastic stuff - if you’ve not heard Messiaen’s organ music before then have a listen to Diptyque

Followed by the brilliant Anna von Hausswolff and All Thoughts Fly. If you want to test your bass….

11 Likes

Bonnie Raitt. Slipstream 2012.

I was given this, like it a lot and a fantastic recording.

8 Likes

Unbelievable it was 20 years ago when Ray released his first album. His new one is a beauty. As we expect from him it has outstanding production.

Ray LaMontagne - Long Way Home

6 Likes

A quick blast of Rage Against before the footy …

8 Likes

A blast of '80’s pop

Howard Jones - Dream Into Action.

9 Likes

Cher - Cher

5 Likes

An old favourite. Uniti Core.

8 Likes

Now playing a work by the American composer Missy Mazzoli - Vespers for a New Dark Age

2 Likes

Excellent album Steve
This will make you smile when that album came out my girlfriend and I travelled up from Brighton to see them at Brixton Acedemy in London.
Going towards the doors it was barriers going up.I had my ticket in my hand and there where people giving flyers out the other side of the barriers.
I had a handful of various flyers and threw them on the ground…forgetting my ticket was amongst them…she got in but I was on the train back to Brighton…I was quite annoyed
She came back buzzing as it was very anticipated gig and a sold out gig
So nearly saw them …but not quite
Enjoy the Football …Come on City
And Ariel sends a meow to Belle
Ian

2 Likes

The Beatles | Abbey Road | 1969

19 Likes

Taking us to the football

Excellent trumpet player + excellent cast = excellent album !

Eric Vloeimans (t)
John Taylor (p)
Marc Johnson (b)
Joey Barron (d)

4 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Joe Walsh - The Best Of

9 Likes

Evening Ian, thats rough! Had I not moved out of my flat in 1991, a mere 10 min walk to the Academy, I may well have gone to that gig as well.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Fink - Beauty In Your Wake 2024

The vinyl arrived a few days ago and I’ve waited until I could give it a clean and it’s absolutely wonderful, on the mellow side and rather well mastered.

7 Likes

Some more Adrian Gurvitz

2 Likes