What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tend to go for White Rabbit myself.

1 Like

Ha! They didn’t think it was worth mentioning on the front cover that Jack DeJohnette played the drums on parts of it.

6 Likes

Miles was born two years before my father.

One of them came out of the blues, and became a creative vortex at the heart of jazz, drawing in dozens of the greatest players, and spraying them back out into the world to start their own bands and do their own thing, fusing jazz with rock and funk in a blaze of glory, and the other was Mr. Titanium. :slightly_smiling_face::dragon_face::robot::zap::notes::speaker::boom:

1 Like

Tonight I sat down and decided to treat myself to a glass of red and something great to listen to.

Then I thought of this:

Post 27,000.

3 Likes

So impressed by Caroline Shaw and Attacca Quartet’s Orange, I went and bought another of her albums. Very different to Orange: this time actual songs, but equally as spellbinding…
She’s wonderful.

Her other albums will follow shortly I’m sure…

Caroline Shaw and Sō Percussion
Rectangles And Circumstance
Nonesuch

7 Likes

Al Stewart’s Time Passages

9 Likes

Curious so I thought I’d give this a try, I don’t hate their stuff but sometimes they’re a bit boring. Interestingly no song is over 4 minutes actually it shows every track is 3:57 think there’s a problem on Qobuz’s end. Coldplay Moon Music

Edit for some strange reason it starts at track 2 and refuses to play track 1

5 Likes

Maybe I’m a bit quick as it only played track, might have to wait till you blokes wake up. :grin:

1 Like

Currently 6:40am in UK
Not working here yet either anything in uppercase “unable to stream”:man_shrugging:

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Ghosteen - CD (2019)

Released 5 years ago 04/10/19

11 Likes

6 Likes

Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge - 1978 - Natural Act - Label - A&M - Vinyl.

I knew I had this album in my collection and have been looking for it since KK passed away eventually found it in my only known to me filing system!

9 Likes

Thee Sacred Souls - Got A Story To Tell. Bit of smooth California soul to accompany coffee, crossword, and a multi-national gang of workmen ripping out the patio.

7 Likes

Friday and nearly the weekend again so Rocking out before leaving for work
Girlschool - Demolition

4 Likes

6 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Archives Volume 4
(The Asylum years 1976-1980)

The whole set has been made available on Qobuz in high resolution at 24/192. The sound is first class. I rather fancy a download of this at this resolution.Gorgeous!

13 Likes

Was just about to post that, Clive - just blissful. Tempted to splash out on the CDs.

1 Like

Got ‘Em Out

G

14 Likes

I may be the only one on the forum that still buys downloads. Even with the Qubuz Hi Res discount their prices are a bit steep.

Just keeping my powder dry to see what Hi Res Audio are selling it at - they have a 20% discount at the moment.

1 Like

Original mono LP issue.

5 Likes