What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

There were an excellent live band. One left to join The Sharks, one went to the States and the other 2 became part of Ian Dury and the Blockheads. I still have the drum stick they gave me for selling shed loads of Hit Me somewhere in the house.

6 Likes

I remember seeing Girlschool a number of times with Motorhead

They were marketed as the girls version of Motorhead.

Looks like you dodged a bullet there Pete! :rofl:

5 Likes

Matters Unknown - We Aren’t Just. New project from Jonny Ensor, brass player with Nubyian Twist. “boldly encompasses Afro-jazz, celestial blues, soulful funk, electronica, hip hop and more” says Bandcamp. Sounding good. Seeing them tonight in a tiny venue for £8 - couldn’t say no at that price.

3 Likes

(Nearly) In the beginning…

G

16 Likes

Second listen to this. Liking it a lot and not usually a great fan.

4 Likes

Giving the LP12 a break and listening to Soma FM - Left Coast 70’s.
I can’t get enough of the yacht rock.

1 Like
1 Like

New album from Geordie Greep ( singer and guitarist with the recently split black midi). Utterly bonkers and utterly brilliant

3 Likes

…It’s back.

G

17 Likes

Sorry - cannot read the text?

Gave Moon Music a play.
I like the Jon Hopkins influence as a big fan, but it’s a bit lost on me, just like everything since A Rush of Blood … and that was 22 years ago.

At least it prompted me to give this JH CD rip a play, which I really like.

5 Likes

Fairport Convention - 1972 - The History of Fairport Convention - Label - Island - OG (Double Vinyl Compilation)

This is the first compilation album released after it appeared that the band had folded with a family tree cover by Pete Frame.

13 Likes

Thanks, will see if they’re on Qobuz.

Started with this one before enjoyable progressive rock…

3 Likes

Just before

3 Likes

Weather Report/Sporting Life. There’s a really beautiful track on the album called Confians.

1 Like

The Airborne Toxic Event - self titled first album from 2008.

4 Likes

On CD:-

Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy

10 Likes