What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Steve Weingart & Renee Jones Dialogue / 2011 Skeewa / US CD / SKW03

3 Likes

It ain’t half bad…at times it harks back to the glory days of Nightwish (sorry Ian!).
But Floor’s vocals are way too deep in the mix, whereas they should be right on top……like Tarja used to be!

And I remain unconvinced by Troy Donockley’s contributions.

8 Likes

I haven’t heard this in decades – at least three of 'em. It’s actually pretty good, one of her very best albums and “Papa Don’t Preach”, with its cute lyrical ambiguity, is a proper banger. Good production – if of its time – by Pat Leonard too. UK first press vinyl from 1986:

17 Likes

Could not agree more. There may be some I enjoy more than others, but none are less than great.

1 Like

The 24/192 version on Qobuz is bliss

I’ll give that a go :+1: There’s a very expensive double vinyl version by one of the audiophile labels which must sound amazing.

1 Like

Playing the Belguim band with the same names album made me dig out this classic album from '70 from a Portland group. Great album of pyschedelic rock sadly their record label folded so this was their one and only album

3 Likes

One of a number of trax I have heard from the album.

6 Likes

This was mentioned a while back and saw it in HMV.
Interesting listen - a sort of melting pot of the time, both musically and socially.

9 Likes

Some gorgeous Mozart before leaving for work

6 Likes

A nice folky start to the day…

Bonny Light Horseman: Keep Me On Your Mind/See Me Free
Loving this latest release from Anais and the boys😊

14 Likes

Steve Weingart & Renee Jones Observatory / 2012 Skeewa / US CD / SKW04

2 Likes

Really enjoying this early eighties follow up from Marianne to Broken English.

10 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass).

14 Likes

Amarok: Hunt
On CD in the Cabin and sounding superb through the Neat Ministra’s😊

5 Likes

Doing some painting, thankfully indoors, given it’s been raining cats & dogs outside at times today. Wanted some background, so:

Sarah McLachlan,…Surfacing. And I’d forgotten how great this album is.

9 Likes

More from the Canadian funsters

nomeansno
0+2=1
Alternative Tentacles

4 Likes

3 Likes

Abdullah Ibrahim - Water From an Ancient Well

This record was frequently played in the evenings on Jazz FM when I used to live in London. The title track, which is playing now, is just gorgeous, but then the whole album is a joy to listen to. Well recorded and mixed too.

7 Likes