What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

In my opinion one of the greatest classical recordings ever

5 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Archives Vol. 4 CD 3 - WAV CD rip
I got this set today and after ripping have played 3 discs and am about to start the 4th… Fascinating insight into the later part of my favourite period of Joni’s work, this disc has demos and early versions of the Hejira album, really interesting to hear them without the great musicians backing her, and in some cases early versions of the lyrics. One of the great poets of the second half of the twentieth century, this set showcases the creation of some of her finest work.
I’m going down to London for a few days (PAD art show and Godot as well as a few dinners with friends) so won’t be able to listen to the last 2 discs until I get back, already looking forward to them.

11 Likes

Technotronic - Trip On This - The Remixes

4 Likes

Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs

You’ve hit the charts as as part of blue eyed soul pop duo so who do call on to produce your first solo album why not prog rock maestro Robert Fripp.

Get the soon to be Elton John Band and you have a very special album. But RCA didn’t see it that way and shelved the album.

7 Likes

Yes me too

2 Likes

Radiohead - Ok Computer oknotok 1997-2017 - 2 CD (2017)

18 Likes

The last of 17 studio albums and not a dud amongst them. Uniti Core.

10 Likes

Robert Palmer - Riptide.

19 Likes

Is This Jazz? by Ese & The Vooduu People

@TheKevster one my all time favourite songs is On Broadway just a wonderful version this album with glorious production.

8 Likes

While I have a hard time with his often overly theatrical style, especially when performing live, I find Pros and Cons to be his best work - still interesting and enjoyable 40 years after its release.

1 Like

On vinyl an unlikely collaboration but it’s sublime

5 Likes

“Yours Is No Disgrace” followed by “Starship Trooper”

Streamed from the iThing16 to the iEarpods. Can’t remember which versions of TYA (I have so many), but they are still magnificent!

And the question is, was Chris Squire the greatest rock bassist of all?

4 Likes

John Simon - John Simon’s Album

When you are a legendary producer you can call on the good and great to play on your album.

You get part of The Band, Fanny, no Derek but a few Dominos, The Stones Brass section, The Muscle Shoals crew and Leon Russell.

Two years in the making back in 1971.

Starts off with the beautiful ‘The Song Of The Elves’

6 Likes

This is a terrific blues album and it’s beautifully recorded. Uniti Core.

16 Likes

Do you have the Atlantic75, done by Acoustic Sounds. Tremendous!

And the original version of Davey’s On the Road Again I think.

1 Like

4 Likes

Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery - Further Adventures of Jimmy and Wes.

9 Likes

Bedtime tunes:

Jackson Browne: Jackson Browne

12 Likes

cover
Haven’t played this album from this Belguim group for a couple of years and forgot how good it was. Not sure they have made a bad album since their first was released in 2012. Their current album is excellent as well.

3 Likes