What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sound is great @Clive - the music is even better

2 Likes

Still Corners - The Last Exit - 2021

3 Likes

Another 2CD/2LP release, due for release at the end of next month. 24/96 files of a 1970 concert:

12 Likes

David Bowie - The Next Day

22 Likes

Jacqueline du Pré - The Great Concertos: Elgar, Dvorák, Saint-Saëns, Haydn

13 Likes

Why? Floyd but different.

steve

15 Likes

Off to see Caroline Shaw at Wigmore Hall tomorrow night. She has the Kamus String Quartet with her and ‘Entr’acte’ from this album is in the programme

11 Likes

Pixies - Surfer Rosa - CD (1988)

Change of pace.

13 Likes

A Compilation CD of Blues Legend Buddy Guy
Buddy Guy - The Very Best Of

15 Likes

The Smile - Cutouts. Rumour is Radiohead may release an album and tour next year. In the meantime this excellent offering from The Smile keeps me smiling!

10 Likes

A lovely album on which Sade saves her best ‘till last, her wonderful cover of Why Can’t We Live Together. An album which pretty much defines ‘smooth’. Uniti Core.

30 Likes

Orleans - Let There Be Music. (1975)

Some tasty guitar by John Hall (no relation to Daryl Oates)

This album is so full of sweetness you might have to visit the dentist after listening to it.

IMG_9442

7 Likes

I think we were very fortunate, that the Beeb had a policy of catering for the musical tastes of the youth of the day. Starting with the sessions for The Beatles and Stones and then the very fine musicians that were to follow. Luckily, most were kept for posterity.

The Beatles - On Air-Live At The BBC Volume 2.

19 Likes

Genesis - Nursery Cryme - 1971

Fancied a bit of a classic for first spin of the day.

21 Likes

I’m not big on Tori Amos, but I really like this album. Some beautiful songs played with a full band.

12 Likes

Hi-res streaming. Heard a lot about this album and yes, it’s good. I’m going to add it to my vinyl wishlist…

16 Likes

Pixies - Doolittle - CD (1989)

17 Likes

Bill Frisell - Four - 2022

6 Likes

Sounding fantastic on CD
The recording quality is just phenomenal and so many brilliant songs
Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room

23 Likes

Noticed one online record shop had a new, limited edition, release of this album. I’ll stick with my CD which sounds great to me. Uniti core.

7 Likes