What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Running through the catalogue? The pre break up albums are terrific with the added bonus of being beautifully packaged by 4AD.

1 Like

1st run

3 Likes

This gets better with each listen

Crowded House - Gravity Stairs

10 Likes

Ringo Starr - Blast From Your Past, the best of the Apple years. A nice selection, but spoilt by the use of some singles edits.

12 Likes

By way of a complete change, some late 1980s art-rock in the shape of AR Kane. This is their second album, the double LP “i” (1989), on UK first press vinyl…

5 Likes

Blue Mink - Melting Pot

6 Likes

Agree about the pre break up albums, however I picked up ‘Trompe le Monde’ listened to the first tack ’ Trompe le Monde’ and it just didn’t hit the spot today, so thought lets go back to the beginning and dug out ‘Surfer Rosa’ closely followed by ‘Doolittle’ :grin:

2 Likes

16 Likes

Been a while since I played this. Uniti Core.

23 Likes

Morphing into Frank Black by TLeM.

2 Likes

Returned from hot climes to surprisingly quite sunny north of England, and some new arrivals on CD.

Dedicated to Bobby Jameson/Ariel Pink
&
Cutouts/The Smile.

4 Likes

33 Likes

Roxy Music - Stranded.

23 Likes

Talking of Morphing into Frank Black…

Frank Black - Frank Black - CD (1993)

Listening on headphones, the great thing about music, it takes you Into great directions.

10 Likes

Liking on CD
Green Day - Warning

8 Likes

I think he’s made good music post Pixies without ever hitting the heights he hit with the band. He maybe needed Kim Deal? I like this album.

3 Likes

I’m definitely picking this up on CD too. :+1:

3 Likes

Diamond Jubilee by Cindy Lee, released earlier this year
F86BA388-41D9-4A08-A4A6-1F0B3389A330_4_5005_c
Cindy Lee is thr alter ego of a Canadian songwriter called Patrick Flegel. Pitchfork decribes the album as “two hours, 32 songs, each one like a foggy transmission from a rock’n’roll netherworld with its own ghostly canon of beloved hits”.
It’s not on streaming services but can be streamed/downloaded for free from a geocities website, which is a pain in the arse but worth the trouble

4 Likes

I like the album very much, agree about Kim Deal, will have to dig some more out, :grin: :+1: but it won’t be tonight, early start for me in the morning. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Argh Kim Deal …a legend and a real Rock lady

6 Likes