What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Weather Report - Black Market

Prompted to play this by @twofifty.

9 Likes

Free - 1970 - Fire and Water - Label - Island - Vinyl (early 70s + OG single)

Fire and Water is the third studio album from Free producing one single All Right Now and became the band’s breakthrough album in the UK.

19 Likes

A little old Radiohead - The Bends

14 Likes

The album that launched Virgin Records, released in 1973 when Oldfield was only 19 which is quite surprising as he plays all the instruments

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

20 Likes

Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers Moanin’
/ 2008 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724349532427

17 Likes

I saw Blakey 3 or 4 times in the 70s and 80s and it was memorable - and deafening ! The Marsalis brothers were in one of those lineups - but it seemed to change year to year.

Now spinning this very nice Fantasy CD, which I think I paid £3 for at Fopp.

5 Likes

You might enjoy this one as well:

Chihiro Yamanaka - Syncopation hazard

2 Likes

Weather Report - Heavy Weather

After playing Black Market, I fancied this. Rather than play my copy, I decided to stream this 24 bit high resolution version from Qobuz in the rather unusual sampling rate of 176.4 kHz.

14 Likes

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta - CD (1980)

The Police scored their second UK No.1 album with their third studio release ‘Zenyatta Mondatta’, which featured, ‘Don’t Stand So Close to Me’, 'Canary in a Coalmine and ‘De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da.’

16 Likes

Day off. Sun’s out.

R.E.M. Chronic Town. On the CD5. 8)

4 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers A Night In Tunisia / 2005 Blue Note / EU CD / 724387526129

13 Likes

You should hear it on the Craft Jazz Dispensary Top Shelf vinyl reissue- absolutely phenomenal sound and great music.

1 Like

Portishead - Dummy

I must have heard a few notes from this album somewhere recently as it’s been one of those albums to play on my ‘when I get round to it’ list.

17 Likes

Just came across this on Spotify but I can find no details about the musicians. All rather laid back and not really like the Metro of Loeb and Haffner

1 Like

Wunderhorse - Midas. Listened to this twice now and love it. Thanks to @crispyduck who mentioned it a few days ago and accurately described it as “melodic post-punk in a Husker Du vein”.

1 Like

Part of my warmup exercises in preparation for seeing DG at the RAH tonight :roll_eyes:

24 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water.

22 Likes

Clare Teal - They Say It’s Swing

4 Likes

Crikey you started early today. Over here I’m just finishing a cup of tea. :coffee:

1 Like

Isn’t it normal to have a Manhattan at 4 in the afternoon?
Oh

3 Likes