What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

My parents had that album when it first came out. Seeing the cover just took me back to Barrett’s in Canterbury when they bought it.

Great album, like the music and the playing of Daniil…

1 Like

Above all I think Bowie was a fantastic vocalist and this album, along with Station To Station, is a perfect example of just that. Great album for me. Uniti Core.

15 Likes

Sounding great on CD after gardening since 7
The Wailers - Burnin

11 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

jamiroquai High Times Singles 1992 - 2006 / 2006 Columbia / EU CD / 88697019962

8 Likes

JMJ - Equinoxe - 1978

Seems to get better and better as the years go by?, something quite grand about it, but still hard to pinpoint how it came out of the shadows?

16 Likes

Peak Bowie as singer I think. I imagine the loco zooming back and forth at the start must sound tremendous on a big system (I do love a sound effect). More Thomas The Tank in the land of modest hifi. Bowie never sounded better. Uniti Core.

20 Likes

Steely Dan - 1976 - The Royal Scam - Label - ABC - OG Vinyl.

This is the fifth studio album from Steely Dan produced by Garry Katz. It produced three singles Kid Charlemagne, The Fez & Haitian Devorce.

This is the album before Aja was released in 1977 and was not met with as much critical acclaim as its four predecessors.

What do any Steely Dan fans on here think of this album?

16 Likes

First run, always interesting to hear how he interpreted music

6 Likes

12 Likes

Arctic Monkeys - The Car - 2022

The Arctic’s seventh outing getting a spin.

10 Likes

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - CD (1973)

14 Likes

Don’t take me alive and the title track are two of my favourite Steely Dan tracks. This is a great album.

1 Like

I think Scam is tons better than Aja.

I kept the former, sold the latter (too slick by half).

2 Likes

My favourite Dan album Graham!

2 Likes

The only thing I don’t like is the bad cover design!

Steely Dan The Royal Scam / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93519

Is there gas in the car?
Yes, there’s gas in the car

13 Likes

Godspeed You Black Emperor - No Title As Of 13 February 2024 2.
Another great album of post rock, but would be better without the sludgy production.

5 Likes